Maryland/Iowa...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is it really that much different this year? PSU at PSU as compared to OU at home? WVU as compared to Wisconsin? Really, you look at the bottom of each and they are bad. Baylor, KU, K-State line up with Minnesota, Illinois and Nebraska. TCU and Okie State have proven to be pretty bad, they'd line up with Maryland and Illinois I'd imagine. Purdue is proving to be a tough game. Our schedules really aren't that different this year.

Now the years of K-State, Baylor, TCU, Okie State, Oklahoma all being Top 15 programs-- yes. But this year, not all that much different.

Well if you go by SOS yeah the schedules are quite a bit different

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
If Twins wants to keep going there, he basically forces me to as well. I do apologize that Twins keeps taking this tack and boring the forum by doing this time and time and time again.
Bull ******* ****. You are only here to argue. I posted a very complimentary article about Iowa's defense and thought it could lead to some interesting dialogue. Did you respond to it? Hell no. You are here to pull your pud and argue. Save us your sanctimonious indignation towards @CyTwins .

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sounds like a down year.
I do like Purdue's coach, and like I've said before, I think Louisville backs the truck up for him pretty soon.

They would have to back the truck up to Petrino first. They owe him a $14 million buyout!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It's clear that tOSU is still legit, they just ran into a buzzsaw Purdue team. I mean, sure, Purdue was 3-3 coming in, but they played the #1 SOS to that point, and had recently inserted a dynamic Freshman QB, and their offense is night and day different from the start of the year when they struggled.

Meanwhile, we can also see that WVU is cleary overrated, they got beat by ISU, who was 2-3 with losses to a bottom feeder in the MAC and and Mizzou, who is o-fer in the SEC. Plus it's the same roster, same system as the start of the year, so it was clear just a fluke.

By the way, it's Monday. Has Dwayne Haskins stopped staring down his primary receiver yet?

Reactions: CyDude16 and ca4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They would have to back the truck up to Petrino first. They owe him a $14 million buyout!
I think that Athletic Dept is still wanting to clean house. Lamar Jackson was lightning in a bottle. I just don't see Petrino there in 2020.

RedBayou

Jun 27, 2018
With such garbage schedules, I would be mad with anything less than league championships every other year. Especially considering how much you guys are paying him.
Would be interested to see what kind of record would make you mad in regards to Iowa State's performance?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Well if you go by SOS yeah the schedules are quite a bit different

Not a huge stats guy, but those things are just factoring the games that have been played, right? We've had a tough schedule, but everyone knows it's way frontloaded, and also our SOS benefits from the fact Iowa has been good. I think by the time Iowa plays Purdue and at Penn State, and as our ranking continues to improve, the two SOS will balance out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not a huge stats guy, but those things are just factoring the games that have been played, right? We've had a tough schedule, but everyone knows it's way frontloaded, and also our SOS benefits from the fact Iowa has been good. I think by the time Iowa plays Purdue and at Penn State, and as our ranking continues to improve, the two SOS will balance out.

ISU will end up having a more difficult SOS this year even with Incarnate Word on there. Tech is better than Purdue

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm jealous honestly. I'd much rather play Big Ten teams like Maryland, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, etc than having to play Oklahoma, Texas, WVU, etc. CMC would rack up W's with a Big Ten West schedule

WVU and Texas couldn’t handle Maryland or ISU, two teams Iowa blew out. Why would Iowa be scared of either of those teams?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Bull ******* ****. You are only here to argue. I posted a very complimentary article about Iowa's defense and thought it could lead to some interesting dialogue. Did you respond to it? Hell no. You are here to pull your pud and argue. Save us your sanctimonious indignation towards @CyTwins .

Re post it, I’ll respond. I said I wasn’t here yesterday and I literally missed hundreds of posts about Iowa, and I wasn’t gonna read them all, as I thought they were all same old same old. I even asked for any new discussions.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Iowa has one of their better teams this year. Expect them to run the table the rest of the year.
I'm definitely not an Iowa fan but I have to admit they've got it going this year and I agree they could run the table. PSU will be a huge obstacle and I'm not sure what Purdue is after beating OSU but after that it gets alot easier. Wish we could play them again.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Iowa is a solid team with a cake schedule. It’d just be nice if we didn’t have to wait for a bowl game to see them exposed by an elite team. When’s the last time they’ve had to play in the Big House or the Shoe?
They're at PSU this weekend. That should be a pretty good indicator if they are for real or not. B1G west is week this year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Re post it, I’ll respond. I said I wasn’t here yesterday and I literally missed hundreds of posts about Iowa, and I wasn’t gonna read them all, as I thought they were all same old same old. I even asked for any new discussions.
You had like 20 posts on here yesterday.

• Winner
Reactions: 1976

Help Support Us

Become a patron