Maryland-Eastern Shore

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
They're in the Battle 4 Atlantis this year.

Everyone plays in tourneys. You improve your schedule strength by actually scheduling good teams on top of your obligational match ups. Like for instance were playing at BYU and at home against Michigan.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
The team Iowa is killing right now. They are just awful. I mean awful. I'm really not kidding when I think I could start for that team. That's not even a joke. Being dead serious right now. Where the **** does Iowa's AD find these teams?

back-in-82-i-used-to-be-able-to-throw-a-pigskin-a-quarter-mile-how-much-you-wanna-make-a-bet-i-can-throw-a-football-over-them-mountains.jpg

Get ******* real...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Everyone plays in tourneys. You improve your schedule strength by actually scheduling good teams on top of your obligational match ups. Like for instance were playing at BYU and at home against Michigan.

So, Iowa can only count the games they play if they aren't part of a tourney, or if they aren't in-state games, or part of the Big Ten/ACC challenge. Got it.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place

If I remember right, Iowa backed out of a bad tourney and lobbied to get into this one. They went out of their way to get into it. I guess I don't understand why you keep calling it an "obligational" matchup. ISU and ND are, not the Battle 4 Atlantis.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Iowa will play Xavier, Notre Dame, Iowa State, then two of Tennessee, UTEP, and Kansas in the Bahamas tournament.
okay few things (i switched over to cpu to actually look at schedules)

1 iowa is guaranteed to play two of xavier, tennessee, and utep. not tennessee, utep, and kansas. (if they win the first two they likely get kansas. if they lose one of them they wont, and if they lose both it doesnt help out the rpi. not saying that will happen but those are actually tough games, but loses on a neutral floor dont do much for rpi)

2 iowa state has played umes in the past, and is playing umkc. however those werent the season after isu was kept out of the tourney because they had one of the worst ooc sos in basketball...

3 they have 1 true road game in the ooc. 1. ONE!!! and that is at hilton.

iowa did step up their game but honestly if they lose the first two in that tourney your ooc doesnt look that impressive.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Teams in the 100 - 200 RPI are in high demand when scheduling - therefore they jack up their price.

Everyone ******* about scheduling some of these duds - but I would guess that more often than not - they're the last ones left to fill a gap in the schedule.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Split... honest question.

How does that tourney work? Are you guys guaranteed 3 games?

it works like our xmas tourney in hawaii. they are guaranteed three games but if you lose the first two your are playing for 7th place.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
okay few things (i switched over to cpu to actually look at schedules)

1 iowa is guaranteed to play two of xavier, tennessee, and utep. not tennessee, utep, and kansas. (if they win the first two they likely get kansas. if they lose one of them they wont, and if they lose both it doesnt help out the rpi. not saying that will happen but those are actually tough games, but loses on a neutral floor dont do much for rpi)

2 iowa state has played umes in the past, and is playing umkc. however those werent the season after isu was kept out of the tourney because they had one of the worst ooc sos in basketball...

3 they have 1 true road game in the ooc. 1. ONE!!! and that is at hilton.

iowa did step up their game but honestly if they lose the first two in that tourney your ooc doesnt look that impressive.

I agree with everything you said, but we also have only 1 OOC road game, at Provo next week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron