Marvin Clark

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
What are you talking about?
Isn't Nader 6'7" with a 7 foot wingspan? Nader doesn't get the love he will deserve around here. I am comfortable with Hogue, Nader and Niang getting rebounds. And if Rashad Vaughn comes, that is a 6'5" combo guard who can rebound so we will be fine
We are currently getting out-rebounded in every game and will lose one of the best rebounders we've had around here in years. So I think concern is warranted.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I like how Iowa started going after him first and now they aren't even in the discussion lol.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Isn't Nader 6'7" with a 7 foot wingspan? Nader doesn't get the love he will deserve around here. I am comfortable with Hogue, Nader and Niang getting rebounds. And if Rashad Vaughn comes, that is a 6'5" combo guard who can rebound so we will be fine

What has Nader done to deserve love other than be a Cyclone?

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
This is the list he tweeted out

@Marv_Time15: @mileslester23 Iowa State, K-State, Seton Hall, Indiana, Michigan State, Ole Miss

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Pretty sure coaches and players have said really good things about him.

I watched him play quite a bit. He has tangibles that no one on our current team has. As others have said, he is a middle man between Clyburn and Ejim. Not saying he is better than those two but his playing style is a combo of both. Just drink the koolaid I am serving you and trust me.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Nader could be very good, but he has never been a guy that battles in the post. You mentioned his length- so far in his career he has not used it to be an above average rebounder or defender. Ejim is an incredibly efficient player as he has a huge positive impact without needing to see the ball a lot or have the offense run through him. He is also tough as **** as he has proven he does not mind fighting for position with guys 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Nader at NIU was the opposite. I have followed Nader since he was at Niles North. He is Clyburn without the natural rebounding inclination.

Nader is a big threat to Hogue's minutes and will play a lot, but if Clark can provide some of what Ejim has given us, he will also see a lot of time. There are 80-120 minutes available. If we go small for half the game at the three and write Georges in for his 30, that leaves 70 minutes for a trio of Hogue, Nader, and Clark that first semester...and Clark is the most "post" of those three.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
My dream 2014 roster. (Second semester)

1. Monte Morris 6-2 SO
2. Rashad Vaughn 6-6 FR
3. Dustin Hogue 6-6 SR
4. Jameel McKay 6-8 JR
5. Georges Niang 6-7 JR

6. Matt Thomas 6-4 SO
7. Abdel Nader 6-6 JR
8. Naz Long 6-4 JR
9. Clayton Custer 6-1 FR
10. Marvin Clark 6-7 FR
11. Dorsey-Walker
12. Gibson
13. Edozie

Just got done watching a replay of Vaughn on ESPNU so it got me thinking about a possible and very exciting outcome for a roster. We know McKay and Nader could switch. This was just to list the players out.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I like this Marvin Clark! Watched his highlights. I think he is a hidden basketball recruit gem. Only 3 stars? Wes Johnson I believe was only 2-3 star recruit and he is a Laker!

I hope he commits to Iowa State!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

1. Monte Morris 6-2 SO
2. Rashad Vaughn 6-6 FR
3. Dustin Hogue 6-6 SR
4. Jameel McKay 6-8 JR
5. Georges Niang 6-7 JR

6. Matt Thomas 6-4 SO
7. Abdel Nader 6-6 JR
8. Naz Long 6-4 JR
9. Clayton Custer 6-1 FR
10. Marvin Clark 6-7 FR
11. Dorsey-Walker
12. Gibson
13. Edozie

Just got done watching a replay of Vaughn on ESPNU so it got me thinking about a possible and very exciting outcome for a roster. We know McKay and Nader could switch. This was just to list the players out.
That is scary how good of a roster we would have if we landed Vaughn and Clark. Even if we missed out on both we would still be very good and young too! So excited to see how we fair this year and for who we bring in for next year!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
This is the list he tweeted out

@Marv_Time15: @mileslester23 Iowa State, K-State, Seton Hall, Indiana, Michigan State, Ole Miss

When I first heard he was visiting, I was thinking we could maybe land this guy. Well we still can, but I had no idea Indiana and Michigan State were on his radar. Actually, was hoping for a commit on his visit, but that was probably way over wishful thinking.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I wonder when he is expected to make a decision? Looks like we were his third OV and really enjoyed himself (Fred even took him out for din din Friday night). It's gonna be a bummer if he goes to K-State.. I really like this kid

He said similar things about K State, "much love" there as well. (Rivals art.). But, didn't mention style of play or "next level" in Rivals article.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

1. Monte Morris 6-2 SO
2. Rashad Vaughn 6-6 FR
3. Dustin Hogue 6-6 SR
4. Jameel McKay 6-8 JR
5. Georges Niang 6-7 JR

6. Matt Thomas 6-4 SO
7. Abdel Nader 6-6 JR
8. Naz Long 6-4 JR
9. Clayton Custer 6-1 FR
10. Marvin Clark 6-7 FR
11. Dorsey-Walker
12. Gibson
13. Edozie

CFH could easily go 10 deep with that roster.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am not convinced that is depth with above average Big 12 players as much as it is a bunch of guys that are equally talented and unproven.
This. I thought this team coming into the season had the potential to go up to 10 deep with Naz, SDW, Morris, Bubu (pre-suspension), and Bluford. Also, I did not foresee Gibson and Edozie being essentially bench warmers the whole season. Stuff happens.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron