Marty Tirrell arrested on fraud charges

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
When I read he got kicked out of the homeless facility I knew if he didnt even care about himself anymore that Charlie (the daughter) is probably just better off.

Agreed. Best for his ex and daughter to move on and get away from the cancer that he is.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
We have more people in our prisons than any country in the world. Prisons should be reserved for murder, rape, assault, etc (violent crimes only). If nothing else, the compromise would be work release programs.
There has to be a deterrence factor in considering the punishment too. That’s how our justice system works. I’m not sure prison does a damn thing for Marty, but it may deter others. First time around I agree, prison shouldn’t be what happens. But repeat offenders? I think a limited sentence followed by a work release program is valid. It sucks tax payers have to foot the bill, but it’s the system we live in.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This guy stole over $1 million from people and you don't think he should go to jail? I'm curious what "a lot of better ways of dealing with" this is?

Do you not think that someone who has been scamming people for 20 years will do it again if given the chance?

My thoughts exactly. You can't just let him be in a situation where he goes unsupervised and can start up his scams again. He's a man with nothing left to lose and live for at this point so do you think he'll actually behave if he's not locked up in some kind of facility? His scamming is like a drug addiction he can't kick and if you give him any bit of an opportunity he'll go right back on the "junk" again. It's already sad enough he's been doing this for so long with little to no consequences for it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Marty and Luebke would be one heck of a documentary. Googled Luebke to see if he's still out there and he's up to 8 OWIs now.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Taking jobs from Americans who need it.....forcing those displaced workers on unemployment..... and the good life.

There are not a finite or fixed number of jobs out there. The labor market is dynamic, constantly bending and stretching and adapting, and somebody having a job gives them income and enables them to consume (or pay off debt) they otherwise cannot. New workers do not just fill demand for work -- they create demand for it, as well.

Right now is not a great time to illustrate this, given we are likely in the middle of a historic contraction in the labor market (though not for "economic" reasons on their own), but roughly a quarter off all U.S. jobs turnover in a given year. That is, over a 12-month period, roughly 25% of workers will move on to another employment opportunity.

Your other reasons to oppose some sort of work-release -- would not generate much money, creates a huge flight risk, does he really deserve to be let out, etc. -- are stronger arguments, but the "They took our jobs!" one is not a sensible one here.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Marty and Luebke would be one heck of a documentary. Googled Luebke to see if he's still out there and he's up to 8 OWIs now.

It would be, both seem to have 9 lives as they should have been locked up for a long time so they quit hurting people. I'm amazed at how people that have the reputations they have and have repeat behavior continue to not be held accountable for their actions.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There just is no good way in our system to deal with a person like Marty, sending him to jail is a waste of tax payer money, but if we sentence's him to some halfway house, he will just go right back to ripping people off and scamming again.

Short of taking him out back and putting a bullet in his head, which I would be fine with, no matter what we do, its going to cost us money.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

He's lucky he didn't kill someone when he took that Camaro off the dealer lot and wrecked it on 235 while he was drunk and burned it to the ground.

I can't believe Luebke and those dealerships (he worked at two separate dealerships, I believe, and partnered with Marty with both) would give him that much money. What kind of return on that investment could they possibly get? They were paying way more than standard advertisements would cost and I doubt they got any better of a return.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
There are a tremendous number of people that I think shouldn't be in jail or prison, Marty isn't one of them. Prison should be reserved for those that need to be removed from society or those that commit the most serious crimes. Marty falls into the first category.

A bit of a tangent, but I've long been a fan of micro sentencing for a lot of crimes, particularly for a first offense.

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
There are a tremendous number of people that I think shouldn't be in jail or prison, Marty isn't one of them. Prison should be reserved for those that need to be removed from society or those that commit the most serious crimes. Marty falls into the first category.

A bit of a tangent, but I've long been a fan of micro sentencing for a lot of crimes, particularly for a first offense.
upload_2020-3-31_17-54-55.jpeg

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

If you prey on people for your own benefit rot in prison. He is a piece of ****, **** him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron