Marcus Fizer

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Doesn't Marcus have a year of eligibility remaining?! Just kidding but it would be great to see him play in Hilton one more time.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
How do you get the NBDL MVP and not get picked up by an NBA team? That truly baffles me.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Jess Settles played for 6 years, I think we could get 4 from Fizer

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
The D league is all about "I". These guys are competing for 3, maybe 4 roster spots with NBA teams. They don't play for the team when there is lots of money to be made. So if a guy averages 20 and 10 in the D-league, it probably doesn't translate to much on an NBA roster.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Fizer needs a better agent or something. Baffles me how someone that physical and can post up about anyone can't at least find a job as a backup on a crappy NBA team. Before he blew his knee out with the Bulls he was finding a nice niche as a 6th man averaging nearly 12 points and 6 rebounds (higher averages than that the stretch of games prior to injury.) He really fell into a bad situation from draft day. He was stuck behind Elton Brand and they tried to make him a SF. Then the next season they traded Brand away but brought in washed up Charles Oakley who somehow started ahead of him. Had the Bulls passed on him Orlando probably would have taken him and given him a shot to be their starting PF as at the time they were in need of a scoring big man.

You can go out to youtube and find some video clips of his NBDL games too I think. NBA.com had a nice feature on him last season when he was tearing up the NBDL league and from the highlights they had it looked like he was just scoring at will on anyone in that league. But for some reason he still just can't catch that 1 break to get back into the NBA.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If Fizer would have come back, we would have been ranked #1 coming into that season!

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
If Fizer would have come back, we would have been ranked #1 coming into that season!

I don't know about that, remember the east coast bias. I still don't get why we weren't a #1 seed for the Elite 8 team. But we certainly would have ended up as the #1 team. Bad choice by Marcus, but money called and he answered.

Last edited:

spanny

Jun 17, 2006
Grimes
I had heard that Fizer did not exactly endear himself to some people in the league and that he was lazy. But that was from his time in Chicago.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It was not a bad choice, Marcus was never going to be a higher pick then number 4. And with has turned out to be his knee problems, he may have really hurt himself by not going.

The spot he opened was filled well be Ransik (sp), who was avg at best before his senior year when he was great.

...An any case, was that not the best two years to be a cyclone. WOW!