march madness 2008

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
anyone have this game? what are your guy's thoughts on it and if you could post the iowa state roster that would be great.:notworthy:

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
college hoops 2k8 is amazing.. I would suggest that one. Plus you can download the rosters for every team free via their new feature '2k Share.'

One of the 2K developers is an ISU graduate, so we get some love with an accurate stadium, our alternate yellow unis that we don't wear anymore, the historic 2000 ISU cyclone team, and also a custom chant that says 'whatcha gonna do I-S-U.. which is pretty cool.

Plus the gameplay is much better.. I played the march madness demo and wasn't too impressed with the jerky animations. Plus 2k has a sweet legacy mode with the selection show and everything.. one plus for EA though.. they have erin andrews *drools* haha

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
doesn't the back cover art of CH2k8 have WJ throwing down a dunk in JHHC? And another platform version has Cy with cheerleaders in JHHC?

-keep.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I hope that March Madness doesn't have the same Cy that NCAA Football 08 did. Cy looked like he got slapped with the down syndrome stick

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
as much as i want to get one or the other.. i kinda want to wait til next year with the new logo.. and to see if i get a ps3...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
the 2k series has been head and shoulders better than March Madness for several years now. The best part about the 2k series is the legacy mode, where you design a coach and pick from one of 20 or so small conference schools. You pick assistant coaches, recruit players, and train them during the year. You can also accumulate attribute points for accomplishing certain tasks like winning your conference, or having a player get selected in the NBA draft that you can use to improve your coach. Then, at the end of the year there is a coaching carousel where you can see which coaches retired/got fired.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
the 2k series has been head and shoulders better than March Madness for several years now. The best part about the 2k series is the legacy mode, where you design a coach and pick from one of 20 or so small conference schools. You pick assistant coaches, recruit players, and train them during the year. You can also accumulate attribute points for accomplishing certain tasks like winning your conference, or having a player get selected in the NBA draft that you can use to improve your coach. Then, at the end of the year there is a coaching carousel where you can see which coaches retired/got fired.

To totally nerd myself out, I'll admit that I simulate seasons on the 2k series. I don't generally play the games (my hand-eye coordination isn't quite THAT good), but I'll pick a team and ride it to the top. If you ARE someone who plays the games, though, you can also export your graduating classes for use in Madden.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
To totally nerd myself out, I'll admit that I simulate seasons on the 2k series. I don't generally play the games (my hand-eye coordination isn't quite THAT good), but I'll pick a team and ride it to the top. If you ARE someone who plays the games, though, you can also export your graduating classes for use in Madden.

You talking about 2K football or basketball? Because if Madden made a basketball game I would be very afraid to play it, or listen to his commentary on it.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You talking about 2K football or basketball? Because if Madden made a basketball game I would be very afraid to play it, or listen to his commentary on it.

I'm a moron. Sorry - yes, football (although I simulate both). Wow - that's what I get for talking on the phone and posting at the same time. :no: Can you still export the NCAA bball to go to the NBA game? For some reason I'm thinking so...

Last edited:

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm a moron. Sorry - yes, football (althought I simulate both). Wow - that's what I get for talking on the phone and posting at the same time. :no: Can you still export the NCAA bball to go to the NBA game? For some reason I'm thinking so...

i think u can.. i know u can with ea.. and im pretty sure u can with 2K

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
yes, you can export/import draft classes with College Hoops 2K/NBA 2K, March Madness/NBA Live, and NCAA/Madden. It's pretty much a standard feature anymore.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I have NCAA 2K8 for PS2, i wish it had online play, but it was only 20 bucks. No shots of ISU on the back.