Malik Dime---Indian Hills (reported UW commit)

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Malik Dime---Indian Hills

Basically Fred could recruit juco and transfers and still have an awesome team.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I one hundred percent trust Fred, but if he's more of a traditional 5, I'm surprised Fred is recruiting him, since he seems to like everyone to have range. But, then again, I guess McKay isn't known for his range either. I don't know. I'm talking out of my ***.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

I one hundred percent trust Fred, but if he's more of a traditional 5, I'm surprised Fred is recruiting him, since he seems to like everyone to have range. But, then again, I guess McKay isn't known for his range either. I don't know. I'm talking out of my ***.

It can be overlooked if you are an elite rim protector. Pretty simple.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

What I like is he has what 30 offers and there are guys we'd take in front of him. Things are looking up.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Shot blocking and rebounding centers are always needed. Anyone remember the funnel defense we played with Cato? Just funnel all guard to the middle with Cato waiting to block the ball?

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI

I think if 4 out of 5 guys on the court can stretch the D - Hoiberg can still do what he wants. Not everyone can run out on the arc, and one of the ways he creates space is basically to have a wing or a big stand on the baseline left or right of the hoop to keep the lane clear. If that defender steps up to double a ball penetration, the guy standing on the baseline is left with an uncontested dunk if the other player makes the pass - which they often do.

i think another thing coach looks for a in big man, is the ability to run the court - with it seems Dime can do. Same with McKay, and what I'm lead to believe Tsalmpouris does well.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

I'd take diallo 10/10 times if it came down to that. Not downtalkig dime at all, but diallo is elite.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I'd take diallo 10/10 times if it came down to that. Not downtalkig dime at all, but diallo is elite.

Nobody disputes that. I think the question is if we'd take Dime's commitment before Diello decides. The staff may know we have little chance with Diello and go with one in the hand. Or they may think we have a great shot and hold off on Dime. Or take both.

If somebody thinks we'd take Dime over Diello, assuming they both wanted to commit, they are insane. I don't think anybody thinks that, however.

Last edited:

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

Nobody disputes that. I think the question is if we'd take Dime's commitment before Diello decides. The staff may know we have little chance with Diello and go with one in the hand. Or they may think we have a great shot and hold off on Dime. Or take both.

If somebody thinks we'd take Dime over Diello, assuming they both wanted to commit, they are insane. I don't think anybody thinks that, however.

We have two open schollies for this class right? I guess we've seen that Fred will work out the numbers as needed. Still not sure we'd take both.

I could see Dime's recruitment play out like Cunningham where we cool off to focus more on Diallo

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I take whoever commits first

I don't wait to get a commit from Diello. IMO Dime, Ellenson or Diello can get ISU to the same place- winning a Big 12 regular season championship. The first big guy who is willing to commit I take.

As a staff I also look to find a Hogue type wing player in this class- 6'6" wings who can hit the 3, rebound and play defense are pretty critical in Fred's offense.

Add those two positions to Williams and that would be an awesome recruiting class.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron