Madison, Wisconsin

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Just took a day trip there last Saturday. We did the farmers market around the Capital building and had Great Dane for lunch (bacon grilled cheese was amazing!). We then stopped at New Glarus on the way home (about 20 mins south of Madison) to stock up and have a drink in their patio area.

Reactions: Angie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Farmer's market will be open but with graduation, it will be super busy and full of people with strollers. You could tour the Capitol while you're there. Go hang out at the Union if it's open by now. UW campus is beautiful.

I find the Old Fashioned's cheese curds (and food in general) overrated. Cheese curds were too greasy and battered too thick when I had them. Honestly, they were like Culver's cheese curds. Tipsy Cow, Craftsman, and a number of others have better ones, imo. I would agree with @Peter's list. TIpsy Cow is always fun. If you want fancier food, Cento and Merchant are good along with Tornado Room. Dotty's is popular for burgers and Mickie's for breakfast.

Reactions: LaVerne and Angie

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
To add to this, Spotted Cow is popular for New Glarus beers, however it's nowhere near their best ones. They have amazing bocks, brown ale, and other dark beers. Their brewery is around a half hour outside of Madison.

If you can't get that far, any grocery store will have many types of New Glarus to import back to Iowa.
Spotted cow is great but Moon Man us under appreciated

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Here is my Madison kit:

Backup cellphone battery
Write your hotel on your hand so you can just show it to your uber driver when blacked out
Extra room key
leave car keys in room

What I'm saying is you are going to black out and probably make some poor decisions.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

neiacy

Apr 11, 2006
Go to The Red Shed Bar........order a Real Deal! Couple of those & you'll be primed! Delicious!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else enjoy Maduro cigar bar in Madison? I had a good time there once, a very good time. Classy joint with cocktails and an assortment of great cigars.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone else enjoy Maduro cigar bar in Madison? I had a good time there once, a very good time. Classy joint with cocktails and an assortment of great cigars.

Great place back in the day. Used to have some of the best beer selection as far as just having a couple or so.

Used to have a local Dean Martin impersonator that was great.

Reactions: bos

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron