Mad Fran to Razorbacks?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
But that plane was PROOF that McCaffery was involved in that search. PROOF!

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
That's a really odd coincidence.

I actually recall Forbes being my preferred candidate for the Iowa job back when Lickliter was fired. Just a couple months later Forbes was implicated in the Bruce Pearl BBQ/recruiting fiasco. That could have gotten messy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I actually recall Forbes being my preferred candidate for the Iowa job back when Lickliter was fired. Just a couple months later Forbes was implicated in the Bruce Pearl BBQ/recruiting fiasco. That could have gotten messy.

You also said Peter Jok would be a better NBA player than 5 guys currently in the league. That did get messy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I called you Mashup, you said no and you wanted to bet $100 donation to the Iowa AD to prove I was wrong if a mod confirmed it. I then figured it out because you said under your old username Babb would be the 12th best player on Iowa's roster to which you confirmed. Like I said you've already admitted it and now you're trying to back pedal like your hero Ragumba

• Creative
Reactions: benjimill

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
I called you Mashup, you said no and you wanted to bet $100 donation to the Iowa AD to prove I was wrong if a mod confirmed it. I then figured it out because you said under your old username Babb would be the 12th best player on Iowa's roster to which you confirmed. Like I said you've already admitted it and now you're trying to back pedal like your hero Ragumba

Link?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Arkansas has won a National Championship in my basketball lifetime, and they want to win another one. No way are they interested in Coach Fran.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

This is after you confirmed it

Saying Rugamba is better than Peavy, Stanley is better than Purdy, Iowa has 11 basketball players better than Babb, etc isn't really dumb?

The Babb statement was dumb, though I still don’t think he’s very good. I don’t think the other statements are that bad, and both might still prove out to be accurate.

AltHawk said:
Babb? Lol. Babb would be like the 12th best player on iowa's roster. If you're expecting him to play a major role you're in trouble.

AltHawk said:
And both Jackson and Rugamba are more likely to play in the NFL than Peavy. Also, Rugamba has the lowest passer rating against of any returning DB in the Big Ten. Coming from someone who thought Mike Warren was better than Akrum Wadley because stats!!!!, I think I'll stick with my opinion that Jackson and Rugamba are better talents than anyone Iowa State has to offer. Although Peavy is pretty good for a lil feller.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

One of your last posts as Althawk

Man, just getting a look at the Cyclones’ class....woof. A lot of guys with no other P5 offers. Doesn’t look much different from your typical Paul Rhoads class to me.

I got banned for pointing out that Iowa State’s 2018 football recruiting class was ranked similarly to many of Paul Rhoades’ classes.

Yeah, it was a pretty questionable decision. I got banned for saying that CMC’s recruiting class was similar to Paul Rhoads’ recruiting classes. Yikes indeed.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
It seems odd to me to go visit a coach who is in town for his father's funeral. I guess when a Power 5 job opens up, you still have to listen, even if at a bad time.