M&A choose White over Niang

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
. In the flip side if I am Fran and have my team minus White and I could take him or Niang I take White hands down. White is a better shooter and Niang posts up better.

White is a good player, but there is no way he is a better shooter the GN. White take most of his shots 10 feet in. He has only made 2 3 pointers this year. White is great at moving without the ball and getting easy shots, but he is not going to win a game of Horse with GN.

Unless dunks are allowed.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Wondering why the other thread got locked. I love Murph & Andy. My only issue is sometimes I think they use their neutrality as part of their argument when it doesn't really have any place in the argument. For example, they always want to pass off anyone that disagrees with the entire "ISU lives and dies by the 3" thing as a defensive ISU fan, but in reality the ISU lives and dies by the 3 is a vast oversimplification AT BEST.

I just went backed and checked all our losses last season. Out of our 12, only we only lost one game because of 3 point shooting, which was the Big 12 tourney game against Kansas. 2 were because of turnovers (Cincy, UNLV). One was because of turnovers and lack of production by starters(Iowa). 2 were nationally recognized bad calls (Kansas, Ohio State). 2 we were just completely outplayed (@OU and @Kansas St). 3 we lost at the buzzer(@KU,@UT,@KU), and one everything went wrong(@TTU).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
. In the flip side if I am Fran and have my team minus White and I could take him or Niang I take White hands down. White is a better shooter and Niang posts up better.

White is a good player, but there is no way he is a better shooter the GN. White take most of his shots 10 feet in. He has only made 2 3 pointers this year. White is great at moving without the ball and getting easy shots, but he is not going to win a game of Horse with GN.

One is a 25% career 3 point shooter. The other is a 35% career 3 point shooter. I will let you guys guess which is which.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Hawk fans love comparing the two but it is pointless, they play different positions, different ways, and are different years in school. The good comparison would be hogue for white and I'm still not doing it.

If it's Niang for white I am taking the guy who can create his own shot.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Hawk fans love comparing the two but it is pointless, they play different positions, different ways, and are different years in school. The good comparison would be hogue for white and I'm still not doing it.

Do Hawk fans like comparing the two? The only places I've seen it have been on CF and a 30 second segment on M & A.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

White and Ejim is the better comparison in terms of how they hang out around the rim and get baskets and rebounds. Ejim has the statistical edge and has won many more big games but he's a year ahead.

Nobody for Iowa has a post game anywhere near Niang's. Uthoff shows some potential around the rim but I still wouldn't compare sophomore Uthoff to Niang as a freshman.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
White and Ejim is the better comparison in terms of how they hang out around the rim and get baskets and rebounds. Ejim has the statistical edge and has won many more big games but he's a year ahead.

Nobody for Iowa has a post game anywhere near Niang's. Uthoff shows some potential around the rim but I still wouldn't compare sophomore Uthoff to Niang as a freshman.

Niang can hold his own against not just taller, but also bigger players. Uthoff needs to eat a dozen PB&J sandwiches a day for the next ten months or he is never going to be able to defend in the post against anyone who doesn't disappear when they turn sideways.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Niang can hold his own against not just taller, but also bigger players. Uthoff needs to eat a dozen PB&J sandwiches a day for the next ten months or he is never going to be able to defend in the post against anyone who doesn't disappear when they turn sideways.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron