Lunardi Pre-season Bracketology

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
So this year it's TTU, WVU, OSU, TCU, KSU, and KU that are the top teams in the B12? No Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, or Iowa State from the B12. We have reached bizarro-world.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
There are a few question marks that surround the team going into the season and that's why I wouldn't expect to see ISU listed on any of these early predictions. That said, we've also added 6 dudes to the roster (4 of which will likely make an impact this season) while only losing one valuable player.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Joe is a math nerd, not a sports guy, even though they've pushed him into that role a bit. He can't be expected to be accurate, at all, until well into the conference season.

Exactly. He also tends to put WAY too much stock into the year prior as does Palm. Like you said though, they are both metric guys and don't have any current data to work with.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There are a few question marks that surround the team going into the season and that's why I wouldn't expect to see ISU listed on any of these early predictions. That said, we've also added 6 dudes to the roster (4 of which will likely make an impact this season) while only losing one valuable player.

Plus gaining back two of our best players we lost to injury the second half of last season. I think that's the part that gets ignored. If not for injuries last season's team would not have been limping toward the finish line, we'd have been knocking off tournament teams down to the end here and there.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Can't hardly blame him. We were last in the Big 12 this year. Those who watched us all year saw the flashes and know what some of our young guys are capable of. I think we are still having to bank on Shayok having a breakout year and THT really contributing as a freshman. But I can't blame someone from the outside looking in having their doubts.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Plus gaining back two of our best players we lost to injury the second half of last season. I think that's the part that gets ignored. If not for injuries last season's team would not have been limping toward the finish line, we'd have been knocking off tournament teams down to the end here and there.

Yeah, that too. Our depth, or lack thereof, was killed us last season. Completely different look this year.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
NCAA is making more Changes RPI is being removed as NCAA tourney selection factor.

@MattNorlander BIG college hoops news breaking: The NCAA is abandoning the RPI as its primary data point for selecting and seeding the NCAA Tournament.

@MattNorlander This is going into effect for the upcoming season. Google helped put this into place. Margin of victory will be a component. Exciting stuff. Reading through now, story to come …

@MattNorlander Your term to know going forward? The “NET.” How cute. This also means no composite. (Hmmm.) The NET "relies on game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses.”

@MattNorlander (This is going to make Bracketology extremely interesting this year. More so for accurately predicting seed lines than anything, I think.)

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...-mens-basketball-committee-adopts-new-ranking

Reactions: Cyclonepride