Luke Fickell to Wisconsin

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Campbell going to Cincinnati would be a lateral move. Only way that’d make sense is if felt he’s done what he can at ISU and wants a reset. It’s more likely Cincinnati hires Leonard imo.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Campbell going to Cincinnati would be a lateral move. Only way that’d make sense is if felt he’s done what he can at ISU and wants a reset. It’s more likely Cincinnati hires Leonard imo.
He can reset here and not uproot his family.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
On a side note, do you think a pilot light was just lit under Ryan Day's seat?
A forest fire. If he loses to Michigan again next year (which he will), he's gone before they get on the bus out of Ann Arbor.

I'm guessing he takes the NFL escape hatch in January and Urb waltzes right back into Columbus like he never left and Jacksonville never happened.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
That's absolutely insane.

His offenses are amazing.

He has a 1st year defensive coordinator.

Sustained 10 win seasons outside of a Saban coached Alabama are exceedingly rare.

Dabo is a bigger disappointment, sticking with a QB that clearly is not top 25 caliber.
Yeah sustained ten wins seasons aren’t rare for those at the top. The only non 10 win season Ohio state has had in the last 20 years was the Luke fickel season. Dabo took Clemson from a joke to a power, his seat isn’t remotely warm.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
A forest fire. If he loses to Michigan again next year (which he will), he's gone before they get on the bus out of Ann Arbor.

I'm guessing he takes the NFL escape hatch in January and Urb waltzes right back into Columbus like he never left and Jacksonville never happened.
We heard the same thing about Harbaugh. He should be fired and they should hire CMC. They didn’t fire him and he’s doing pretty well at Michigan now.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's absolutely insane.

His offenses are amazing.

He has a 1st year defensive coordinator.

Sustained 10 win seasons outside of a Saban coached Alabama are exceedingly rare.

Dabo is a bigger disappointment, sticking with a QB that clearly is not top 25 caliber.
I wonder who the joefrog is on the Clemson message board that's ranting and raving about only being 10-2 and saying they should fire Dabo?

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
We heard the same thing about Harbaugh. He should be fired and they should hire CMC. They didn’t fire him and he’s doing pretty well at Michigan now.
And if he would have gotten blown out last year against OSU he would have parted ways with the university.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ah yes, more ad hominem from the CampbellStans.

Can't admit that Matty MAC is who he is, and absent an NFL running back showing up, we're hoping for a 4-8 next year.

Quick, who is a deep threat that can pull the safeties away from the line of scrimmage?

Who can beat one on one man coverage in the red zone consistently?

Who is going to want to run behind this line, or play wide receiver in this offense?
I can admit what Matt is, he had a bad season and needs to make changes. ISU football isn’t even in the top 50 things in my life. It’s called having perspective. You sound like someone who punches themselves in the nuts on a regular basis. You need to take a break or you are going to stroke out. Spend some time with family and gain a life, you have sand somewhere it shouldn’t be.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
The bolded part above is my entire point. IF he wants to be here. If he's looking at Cincy... then he doesn't want to be here.... and if that's the case, so be it. I'd rather move on to someone that does want to be here.
He has proven he wants to be here. He has had a number of opportunities to walk for better money and hasn't. ISU had a bad year. Doesn't mean he has lost his passion to win at ISU. Doesn't mean he is looking elsewhere.

CPR really wanted to be here. had trouble winning though. doubt you'd be happy if he was still here despite his passion for ISU.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

That was the first time tOSU has lost consecutive games to UM since I think 99-00 abd they've killed in that series.

The fans may not be as patient.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I believe Campbell stays and agree that it’s a lateral move for most people. His selling points for Cincinnati are he’s moving back home and into a territory he likes to recruit, likely making recruiting easier for him, so I can see why people think there’s a fit

Reactions: State2015

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
@joefrog. Troll. You really picked up your posting after the Kansas game. After K-State you took your rantings up another notch. And now you are at another level. Rabble Rouser. Just here to stir people up.
He needs to be banned. People who are self-admitted trolls and offer absolutely nothing to the conversation other than to antagonize people should be banned.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
“Lateral move” crew makes no sense to me. Maybe in 2020. Cincy just made the playoff and had 9 guys drafted this yr. Have we had 9 guys drafted in the last 10 drafts total? That being said I think ISU has advantages in some spaces but success isn’t one of them

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I would think Matt would be on there list but wouldn’t be surprised if they went after someone like OSUs OC.