Lucca on Olympic team?

ISUinOR

Nov 8, 2007
Portland, OR
Is there any chance that Lucca could be part of the German olympic team?

I think it would be great for him to get high-level competition before next season. I'd love to see him make the team and light things up, then come back to ISU and burn up the Big 12. Any real competitive experience at this point would surely help him get ready for the Big 12.

Then again, NCAA would probably find something illegal about participating in the Olympics and kick him out of the country.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Re: Lucca on Olympic team

Yeah, at this point, I'd be safe on everything he does!!! No need to lose him again! I would probably cry

bfeil

Apr 16, 2006

I agree with you though, it would be fun to see him in action before the season and use the momentom he would get from the Olympics carry over to the ISU basketball season.
But, it would be risky for the NCAA to take some sort of action and the possablity of him getting hurt. It would be a big change from sitting out for a year to playing some of the best in the world.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if Jiri could play for the Czech Republic in the Olympics?

bfeil

Apr 16, 2006

It does look like Lucca is itching to get back to the game. I have seen him at the Rec at ISU multiple nights shooting and watching basketball. Also, seen Alex Thompson there late nights getting some extra shooting in.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

McD said that he is going to play in Germany this summer on one of thier national teams. I am not sure if it is the Jr. National team or another one.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley

Doesn't Dirk Nowitzki play for the German Olympic team? And Lucca was MVP at his camp, that would be awesome to see him play with him.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Let's hope he doesn't go back to Germany and change his mind about returning to Ames.

Personally, I'd rather see him stay in the US over the Summer to avoid any possible change of heart no matter how small the chances are.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Lucca is staying, he's settled and likes it here. I think that he was on the u18 club, but I'm worried the NCAA will screw him again. (cue paranoia, people running and screaming, "it's coming, it's coming")

btkc

Jul 26, 2006
yeah, a guy that has yet to prove anything at the college level, and only averaged like 13 pts on his high school team is going to play in the olympics.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He didn't exactly go to a normal high school though... it was full of really good basketball players including Beas Hamga (5 star recruit).

Last year they beat the national #3 team and played Oak Hill Academy close. You know, Oak Hill, the school that Melo, Rajon Rondo, Micheal Beasley, Stephen Jackson, Jerry Stackhouse, Durant, Ty Lawson all played at?

So I'll take 13 points a game on that team. Olympics? Not yet for Lucca, but he's a damn good player.

Boys basketball: Illineks remain unbeaten in conference play | Online Gargoyle

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron