Lotion recommendation

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I know this probably won't get many serious responses, but I thought I would give it a try. Hard to wade through all of the online advertising to find legitimate reviews, so I thought I'd ask my friends at CF.

I work in a Bio/pharmeceutical research environment where I often have to shower 5-6 times a day. It has been really hard on my skin this winter. I've been having a hard time finding a good lotion that can both keep my skin from getting dry under this punishment, while also not leave behind a greasy oil film after it is applied.

What works for you?

Reactions: Angie

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Sorry, but I have to
tumblr_mv2va4joq41slwgijo1_500.gif

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I've had good luck with Aquaphor
https://www.google.com/search?clien...0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.jZy0A5BtOqU

The ointment seems to heal, say, dry, cracked hands in just a day or two. I don't use it now, but a nurse I know once recommended using it covered with plastic gloves in extreme cases.

They have a lot of variations of their basic lotion, all seemingly good, mostly different mixtures it seems of the same basic ingredients, which I still use some in the winter. You are supposed to use it right after you shower, as I recall, to seal the moisture in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Angie and HGoat

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Aquaphor is good. We have pretty good luck with Cetaphil too. It doesn't go on as thick as the Aquaphor but it doesn't leave as much residue as the Aquaphor either.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Gold bond for men is decent or eurcerin if its really bad.
I was looking for Eurcerin. It is the lotion made by the same company that makes Aquaphor, which after posting I see is just the ointment. It isn't the brand name of their lotion.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Glysolid is one that my mom uses a lot and likes - farm life can be tough on hands.

Reactions: HGoat