Looks like Larry Eustachy's in trouble again...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Seems like his players either love him or hate him. You have Marcus Fizer and Jake Sullivan who praise him and his coaching style, and then you have guys like Paul Shirley that feel differently.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Seems like his players either love him or hate him. You have Marcus Fizer and Jake Sullivan who praise him and his coaching style, and then you have guys like Paul Shirley that feel differently.

And Jake hated him for a long time.

It might be time for Larry to be done coaching.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Stick a fork in him. Even if he escapes firing yet again, how can he recruit after yet another allegation?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
On one hand, players choose the coach. And if they don’t accurately interpret the style of coaching, they are free to leave. On the other hand, it’s the school’s decision whether they want that kind of coach.

I think there is still a place for the hard ass (within reason) in the game, but everyone involved needs to know what they’re getting and want that.

With all that said, I prefer Prohm’s style (firm but respectful).

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and cygrads

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
On one hand, players choose the coach. And if they don’t accurately interpret the style of coaching, they are free to leave. On the other hand, it’s the school’s decision whether they want that kind of coach.

I think there is still a place for the hard ass (within reason) in the game, but everyone involved needs to know what they’re getting and want that.

With all that said, I prefer Prohm’s style (firm but respectful).
You're correct, but like it or not, the room for the hard ass coaches is getting smaller all of the time. I say that as objectively as possible. You can argue all sorts of reasons why, but the fact remains that style is less and less tolerated than it once was. Things change, whether everyone agrees with them or not. And if all you've got in your bag of tricks is that style, then you're probably going to find your row tougher and tougher to hoe.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
You're correct, but like it or not, the room for the hard ass coaches is getting smaller all of the time. I say that as objectively as possible. You can argue all sorts of reasons why, but the fact remains that style is less and less tolerated than it once was. Things change, whether everyone agrees with them or not. And if all you've got in your bag of tricks is that style, then you're probably going to find your row tougher and tougher to hoe.
I think a lot of it is the AAU stuff. The really good players don’t grow up with that type of coach anymore.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Players know the coaches rep at least from negative recruiting. It seems their feelings were not as tough as their self image.
I would look for video similar to the Rutgers coach before judging.