Looking for Ideas - OSU game + Bday

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
So, my dad turns 60 next week and right now we are planning on having most of the kids show up to the OSU tailgate for a "surprise" party.

I'm hoping my fellow CFers can give me some ideas to make it even better...

1. Cake - I really want to do a personalized sheet cake - would be ideal if we can get one made with family photos on the icing. Does anyone know where in the Ames/DSM area might do this?

2. Party activities at the tailgate (beyond typical tailgate activities). My dad no longer drinks, so generally going to avoid having him do 60 shots... any ideas or suggestions that you've seen or participated in similar parties?

3. Any and all ideas for personalized gifts. Granted, if they are custom order things I'm probably too late to get those in time. But I still want to entertain them even if we can't give it to him until later.

Beyond that, any ideas you have are welcome! Except strippers.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
BBQ ribs and give him a case of Busch Light to share with others that drink. Seriously though maybe a really nice ISU pullover or jacket he could wear to the game might be nice.

• Agree
Reactions: BanjoCy and wxman1

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
How about an Iron Man suit jacket?

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/iron-man-suit-jacket-alter-ego.html

It closely matches ISU colors, and would look really cool in the broad daylight of the Okie State game. And who knows, maybe he could start the next trend. If Joel Lanning gets some playing time, he can show that he is the real Iron Man after all. And, who knows, if Bud Light (Dilly Dilly) backs out as the next sponsor, given our "dry" venue, maybe Marvel comics will step up!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Buy him a RedBull.
Get the Iowa State jumbo tron to put up his birthday and photo. http://www.cyclonesmarketing.org/VideoboardMessages.aspx

I know the cheer squad and cy can make special visits...especially for some food or a gratuity...with some work you could have a few show up at your tailgate at a certain time. http://cyclones.com/sports/2015/3/2/spirit_squad.aspx

Does he farm? A replica 2010 Cy-Hawk trophy could be made with his likeness and other families likenesses substituted for the rest of the pagan group. PM me on the replica trophy...I make them out of pewter.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So, my dad turns 60 next week and right now we are planning on having most of the kids show up to the OSU tailgate for a "surprise" party.

I'm hoping my fellow CFers can give me some ideas to make it even better...

1. Cake - I really want to do a personalized sheet cake - would be ideal if we can get one made with family photos on the icing. Does anyone know where in the Ames/DSM area might do this?

2. Party activities at the tailgate (beyond typical tailgate activities). My dad no longer drinks, so generally going to avoid having him do 60 shots... any ideas or suggestions that you've seen or participated in similar parties?

3. Any and all ideas for personalized gifts. Granted, if they are custom order things I'm probably too late to get those in time. But I still want to entertain them even if we can't give it to him until later.

Beyond that, any ideas you have are welcome! Except strippers.

1. Any Wal-Mart does those photo cakes.

2. 60 year-old men don't do birthday party activities. If you're lucky he might give out some bro-hugs.

3. Engraved Rolex. Any nice watch would work though.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone