Looking for a sales Job in Central Iowa

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What kind of sales and when you say central Iowa, what general area?

Anything really but I have been in the landscape/golf course business my whole life. And anywhere in in Central Iowa or Iowa in general.

Reactions: Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anything really but I have been in the landscape/golf course business my whole life. And anywhere in in Central Iowa or Iowa in general.
Landscape and golf may be tough areas right now with their years wrapping up. I will root around and see what I can find in NI, but things have slowed a bit outside of Ag stuff up here.

Reactions: CyCrazy

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I am willing to try anything and I have applied everywhere through indeed.com

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Des Moines has lots of insurance companies. I would imagine there are some sales jobs open in that industry.

jmb

Apr 12, 2006
Landscape and golf may be tough areas right now with their years wrapping up. I will root around and see what I can find in NI, but things have slowed a bit outside of Ag stuff up here.
Paul Davis, from Davis equipment, is an ISU alum and they sell to turf and golf
Space.

Reactions: wxman1

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I said this in the last job thread but contact Palmer Group and Robert Half. Let them do some searching for you, especially with a huge field like sales. There is no reason not to use a recruiter. If you find something outside of them, it’s no big deal.

I think people think they operate like a temp agency or something and are afraid to use them.

JP4CY

Doesn't quickly stand up when the plane lands.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa Cubs have a pretty reputable turf sales/install business I think?

Reactions: wxman1

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Put your resume on all the job sites. Especially Monster.

I get hit up daily from recruiters about opportunities. I lot of them are sales which I'm not interested in but could be a good idea for you.

I'll pm you the next time I see stuff come through, and most of them have referral bonuses.

Let them come to you while you search.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Also switching your LinkedIn to 'open to work' brings a lot of people your way.

Do those things and they start to get annoying like gnats. When a hot job comes open you'll get up to 15 recruiters fighting for that commission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

Help Support Us

Become a patron