csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Only seniors shown not committed on Flo 100 seniors are
51 SR. Aaron Cashman OTC MN 125
56 SR. Frankie Gissendanner Penfield NY 157
77 SR. Trevor Lawson Olentangy Lib. OH 184
91 SR. Joel Romero Buchanan CA 165
95 SR. Kevon Freeman Lake Catholic OH 157

Gissendanner is expected to announce very soon. He has 15 offers. Not sure the latest on Cashman except that Coach Jackson sure tweets about him a lot!

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Cashman buzz has died down some but that doesn't necessarily mean the recruitment has died down. Would really love to add him. Depth is very thin at 125.

Gissendanner is a stud and is very underrated IMO. He has some family ties to ISU and knows some past ISU wrestlers pretty well. But he is most likely staying on the east coast.

There will be some transfers available soon and I hope our staff goes hard to secure some (I think they will).

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Cashman buzz has died down some but that doesn't necessarily mean the recruitment has died down. Would really love to add him. Depth is very thin at 125.

Gissendanner is a stud and is very underrated IMO. He has some family ties to ISU and knows some past ISU wrestlers pretty well. But he is most likely staying on the east coast.

There will be some transfers available soon and I hope our staff goes hard to secure some (I think they will).
Hopefully our staff goes hard to coach up our current guys to have a huge off season.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Hopefully our staff goes hard to coach up our current guys to have a huge off season.

Totally agree but I do expect us to have some money for transfers either way. With the guys who left already, and presumably at least a few more in the offseason, we should have some scholarship room available to go after either JuCo or transfer guys at need weights.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I seen several people mention possible transfers. There typically isn’t a lot of movement from impact wrestlers. Is here someone out there folks are thinking about specifically or just noting our need?

What is the status with Cashman? He’s a kid that could move the dial for ISU.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It would be interesting to see the scholarships per year. Being so young, we have to have a good amount tied up in next years sophomores and younger. Makes a difference in how coaches recruit at times. I know our class isn't huge, but seems the key is getting the Carrs of the world and trying to have 1-2 stellar recuits a year and then keep trying to improve your depth.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Kevin Dresser‏ @CYWrestle_KD Mar 17
Big part of the "future" didn't waste anytime between sessions today! Sweet!! ISU fans in CLE can meet them & more tonight after the finals #Renaissance3floor

DYhkFHrWAAEYxp2.jpg

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I know most of them. But please list names from left to right. Thanks!

Not sure, David Carr, Austin Gomez, Ian Parker, Marcus Coleman, Kaden Sauer (I think), Alec McDowell (I think), Ryan Leisure

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I believe that list above is correct. Mackall was at both freestyle sessions (Fri & Sat) working out.

On Friday David Carr was working out with Aaron Brooks and Austin Gomez was working out with Zane Richards. Kyven was working out with Daniel Kerkvleit (the Minnesota high school kid at 220)

On Saturday Carr & Gomez was working out together. Saw Coleman, Leisure, Mackall, but not sure who they were working with.

Ben Durbin was there on Friday, not sure who he was working with.

On Saturday, a couple wrestling fans from other schools wanted to know why there were so many guys with Iowa State gear on at the practice.

Reactions: csteve

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I believe that list above is correct. Mackall was at both freestyle sessions (Fri & Sat) working out.

On Friday David Carr was working out with Aaron Brooks and Austin Gomez was working out with Zane Richards. Kyven was working out with Daniel Kerkvleit (the Minnesota high school kid at 220)

On Saturday Carr & Gomez was working out together. Saw Coleman, Leisure, Mackall, but not sure who they were working with.

Ben Durbin was there on Friday, not sure who he was working with.

On Saturday, a couple wrestling fans from other schools wanted to know why there were so many guys with Iowa State gear on at the practice.

I was taking to a buddy of mine who said Gomez looked big (relatively speaking, of course). Accurate statement?

Help Support Us

Become a patron