Lizards @ Pistols 2:30 pm on ESPN

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
In what is being referred to as the Big 12 game of the week, Metroplex champ TCU slithers into TBP to take on Okie State at 2:30 PM Central time on ESPN. Pistol Pete is the predominant favorite, but rumor has it the Horny Lizards play a little big of D, and intend to prove they have been greatly overlooked. OSU has won in blowout fashion through week 3. TCU has as well, although you might wonder how they gave up 36 points to SMU.

Q: How do you slow Mason Rudolph?
A: Relentless pressure from the TCU from 4

Mel Kiper, Jr sets the table

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Red Raiders sounds like what you do when you're drunk and she's okay with it even though she's got company.

Carry on.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
TCU just punted, TCU touched the ball first and then an OSU guy touched it, but the ball was then recovered by TCU. It sounds like there was a penalty on OSU on the play, maybe?, but ESPN idiot announcers were baffled and just assumed it was TCUs ball never really explaning. Isn't OSU allowed to try and advance that ball without consequence? ...perhaps penatly negated this?

I'm baffled by what just happened and Gundy didn't seem to care.
http://coachfore.org/2015/02/20/8-of-the-most-misunderstood-special-teams-rules-and-situations/

ESPN comes back from commercial and TCU has ball 30 yards from the play and doesn't offer much of an explanation. DId OSU have a pre-snap penalty? WTF just happend?

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
TCU is dictating the pace in the early going, leading 2 FGs to none at 2:45 of the 1Q.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
TCU just punted, TCU touched the ball first and then an OSU guy touched it, but the ball was then recovered by TCU. It sounds like there was a penalty on OSU on the play, maybe?, but ESPN idiot announcers were baffled and just assumed it was TCUs ball never really explaning. Isn't OSU allowed to try and advance that ball without consequence? ...perhaps penatly negated this?

http://coachfore.org/2015/02/20/8-of-the-most-misunderstood-special-teams-rules-and-situations/

ESPN comes back from commercial and TCU has ball 30 yards from the play and doesn't offer much of an explanation. DId OSU have a pre-snap penalty? WTF just happend?
At a Husker bar ... band playing incessantly ... 1995 called and wants its Mojo back!!!

Anyway, I *think* there was at least a holding call in the mix during the break in question.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

Holding call on OSU that gave TCU the first down. They also called illegal touching on TCU but announcers on TV made it seem like it was on the guy that first batted the ball to keep out of the end zone. I'm wondering if one of the other TCU players that touched it toward the end of the play had run out of bounds and then came back in? It was confusing although I actually think they made the right call.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
TCU just went up 20 to 7 at 7:15 of the 2Q. TCU has 5 first downs by penalty to OSU's 0, and are averaging 6.4 yards per rush to OSU's 2.9. No doubt the Horned Frogs have not been reading the headlines.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
So far, I'd say "what adjustments?"
Good point. They need to find a way to get back into this game, or the only adjustment they'll be making is adjusting to the fact that they are not the contender we thought they were.