Little Lick Movie on Soundoff?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
A link would be great. Little Lick is hillarious. He looks like a little hobbit. If anyone watched the Iowa at Indiana game and saw him litterally just flale at the ball while dribbling. The Indiana player guarding him gave him the craziest look like he just couldn't believe this kid was playing. He's getting like 15-20 minutes of playing time a game right now too. Absolutely hillarious.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4mvbtDf70A&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "Little Lick, Lotta Bite"[/ame]

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
that is comedy!! and his uptown fade is ridiculous. one question though, why are you recording sound off, not with a DVR but with a video camera of your TV as it airs sound off?

I didn't record it. Found it on You Tube after someone else put it there.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Okay, I will admit this is funny in one sense.

But in another sense, I sort of have a problem with it. Had it been about the entire Iowa basketball team, or the fading crowd support, I wouldn't have the least bit of trouble with it.

But to make fun of one particular player...I don't know about that. The kid tries hard and works hard. He's out there giving it his best shot. Should he be made fun of because of that effort?

Believe me, I really do have a sense of humor. That's the only problem I have with it.

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
Okay, I will admit this is funny in one sense.

But in another sense, I sort of have a problem with it. Had it been about the entire Iowa basketball team, or the fading crowd support, I wouldn't have the least bit of trouble with it.

But to make fun of one particular player...I don't know about that. The kid tries hard and works hard. He's out there giving it his best shot. Should he be made fun of because of that effort?

Believe me, I really do have a sense of humor. That's the only problem I have with it.

Agreed. Plus, it's just not funny. It's a lazy attempt at humor - too easy of a target, and a pretty unfair one at that.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hassel strikes me as one of those guys that makes new friends quickly and really gains trust pretty quickly. Murphy might've given the guy free reign in his comedy stylings too quickly, how long has he been there, a year at best? I mean the guy is the #4 sports broadcaster at WHO. The Gary Dolphin bits are hilarious, but I think with that murph might've given Hassel too much leash (which he admits by saying he'll preview all Hassel videos from now on) and Hassel got himself into trouble. I have a feeling that we'd be a little ****** if the same movie was made about Alex Dorr. It wasn't very funny IMO, and it was in bad taste. I am probably one of Keith Murphy's biggest supporters, but he needs to take the hit on this one. He is in charge of the sports department and his junior sportscaster embarassed his station.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
IF Lickliter wasn't such an awful coach with a system that makes jr. high girls basketball look exiciting, WHO-TV wouldn't have run the paraody.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
John Lickliter is probably not even a Division 1 caliber player either. That's his dad's fault for even allowing him to walk on at Iowa and put him in this position. If anyone caught Matt and Miller a couple days ago even their Hawkeye insider guy said from the people he talked with no one in D1 was interested in him and many think he's barely good enough for even D2 basketball.