Listening to ISU Football on I heart Radio

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
That's a crap shoot question. All stations, I believe are supposed to shut down their live feed. It was a weekly fight to try and find one, but that was before I joined clonezone.

Last edited:

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
We are running the gameson the terrestrial side, but because of our agreement with the network we will not be streaming the games which is where iHeart gets it's audio.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I've tried this via Iheartradio in the past. Every station I tried played their normal broadcast on the web stream instead of the game that they would play over normal radio signal. They try to drive web traffic through CloneZone so you buy subscription.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
What radio station/channel do you think the ISU UNI game would be on for I heart radio App?

I don't know a lot about I Heart Radio, but I doubt any ISU games will be available, unless there is some college football package. Isn't that app just a medium for picking up internet streaming radio stations? If so, most stations only play music over their interent streams, rather than playing sports. If you could pick up baseball and football games just by listening to local radio stations over the internet, there would be no need for paid subscriptions services.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
That's a crap shoot question. All stations, I believe are supposed to shut down their live feed. It's was a weekly fight to try and find one, but that was before I joined clonezone.

AFAIK, this is true but every once in a while that macro isn't put in right or doesn't run allowing the game to be streamed on some radio station website.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
AFAIK, this is true but every once in a while that macro isn't put in right or doesn't run allowing the game to be streamed on some radio station website.

Yeah, that's what it seems to me as well. The 'weekly fight' was clicking thru all of the affiliates feverishly trying to get one that screwed it up. It so wasn't worth it once I knew what Clone zone was and how much it cost.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
So if I was on the road during the game, do I need sattelite radio to catch the stream? Can anyone explain to me like I am a 2 years old? :)

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
What are the options for portable radios anymore? Is it just going to the new ipod nano's that have a FM tuner in it? I wouldn't mind finding one with an AM tuner to get Cubs baseball as well....?????

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
Yeah, that's what it seems to me as well. The 'weekly fight' was clicking thru all of the affiliates feverishly trying to get one that screwed it up. It so wasn't worth it once I knew what Clone zone was and how much it cost.

Lol, you aren't the only one, brother...our website sees exponentially increased traffic on Cyclone gameday.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Start by listening to these stationsif you're in the coverage area....if you're out of range of any of them, just clench and wish.

Cyclone Radio Network Affiliates and Coverage Maps - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

First, like tarbox says, support your local affiliate, they support the cyclones, and that's free.

If that's not an option, I can't speak to it for sure, as I'm not in that boat, but I'm pretty sure a smart phone with the cyclones app and a clone zone subscription will get you at least audio pretty much anywhere there's coverage for your phone's data. I also believe all football and mbb have been live on clonezone (most are just audio, but it beats waiting for the final score).

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
First, like tarbox says, support your local affiliate, they support the cyclones, and that's free.

If that's not an option, I can't speak to it for sure, as I'm not in that boat, but I'm pretty sure a smart phone with the cyclones app and a clone zone subscription will get you at least audio pretty much anywhere there's coverage for your phone's data. I also believe all football and mbb have been live on clonezone (most are just audio, but it beats waiting for the final score).

Yes. The new mobile apps plus a CZ subscription = live audio on your phone.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
We are running the gameson the terrestrial side, but because of our agreement with the network we will not be streaming the games which is where iHeart gets it's audio.

Iowa State should crack down on stations that stream games, but for some reason they just let it slide.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Yes. The new mobile apps plus a CZ subscription = live audio on your phone.

Thanks so much. I will download the clonezone app. Will the clonezone app have JUST the video during the game (UNI/ISU) OR ALSO an AUDIO only feed too?

I dont want to watch it since the quality wouldnt be as great while driving. Plus I am driving during the game! ;) (driving to branson resorts)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Iowa State should crack down on stations that stream games, but for some reason they just let it slide.

Just speculation, but I think they might. It never seemed to be the same stations that'd 'forget' to shut off the feed. Also had feeds cut off mid game.

Clonomaniac: Not sure about the apps, but the clonezone web version always has an audio only option if there's video.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks so much. I will download the clonezone app. Will the clonezone app have JUST the video during the game (UNI/ISU) OR ALSO an AUDIO only feed too?

There is no live video on the mobile apps, only archived/on-demand video.

The only live content on mobile are audio and stats.

CZ sign-up info: https://www.nmnathletics.com/PremiumVideo.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700
App purchasing info (you'll need the "premium" for CZ): Android App Released, Changes to Clone Zone Audio Packages - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports