Lincoln coach to face possible charges for yelling

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Roid raging coach threatens to kill ref for making a mistake. Cry me a river. I personally wouldn't press charges but I don't blame the guy one bit. People are crazy, and coaches and parents are out of control. Maybe this will help people STFU and let the officials do their best.

Says the guy sitting by his keyboard. We'll see how you react watching your son get his neck broken because some entitled kid from Dowling is out to hurt people.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Says the guy sitting by his keyboard. We'll see how you react watching your son get his neck broken because some entitled kid from Dowling is out to hurt people.
Well we see that you will sit at your keyboard and make **** up about you kid you don't know. Enjoy your irony.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is basically ********. No bias here on your part.

It’s from my experience, my kids’ experience (one of them is the late hit my son received that I mentioned earlier), and my FILs when on the chain gang.

My basketball coach always warned us when we went to a parochial school that things would get physical and not called. We had to keep our cool during the cheap shots. He graduated from one of the parochial schools.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It’s from my experience, my kids’ experience (one of them is the late hit my son received that I mentioned earlier), and my FILs when on the chain gang.

My basketball coach always warned us when we went to a parochial school that things would get physical and not called. We had to keep our cool during the cheap shots. He graduated from one of the parochial schools.

Do you hate other religious/sports organizations too?

Reactions: 06_CY

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Seems like your coach was putting the bias in your heads as players and maybe you took what was normal play as something more than that. I don't know just seems logical.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Roid raging coach threatens to kill ref for making a mistake. Cry me a river. I personally wouldn't press charges but I don't blame the guy one bit. People are crazy, and coaches and parents are out of control. Maybe this will help people STFU and let the officials do their best.

I can't say i've watched more than a couple high school games since high school, so i can't comment on there, but i've always thought it is garbage that some coaches at the collegiate level are allowed to go absolutely nuts on some of the refs, and its just waved away as 'working the refs'. Occasionally they get thrown out for taking it so far even the refs have had enough, but they should probably pull that trigger quicker. Unfortunately the opposite ends up happening- working the refs usually ends up working out for the one making all the noise.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seems like your coach was putting the bias in your heads as players and maybe you took what was normal play as something more than that. I don't know just seems logical.

No, it was obvious when in JH or JV we would go for layups and get tackled or slammed into walls and only get an 1 but no technical (80s) that it was a rough place. Learned to pull up for two footers to avoid the wall by your freshman year. We understood quickly what he was talking about.

There was one that both my kids and I played that was average but that was the only one. Sample size is small combined in that 6-7 range of schools so I can only speak for those in the northern region.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Just reading this thread it's clear to me the majority of you have never stepped onto a field as an official. These people are human and have split seconds to make judgement calls with only five man crews. It's extremely difficult and inevitably penalties are missed.

People want public condemnation of guys doing the best they can given the circumstance. These are people constantly dealing with harrassment already. I quit refereeing after being followed out to my car by a deranged family member after a girls soccer match. Crazy guy was accusing me of being paid off by the home team. It was my first time being to that school in my life and 100% idgaf who wins that game. No bad calls were made (I followed up with crew and coaches) and I barely made enough to break even after travel was accounted for.

High school sports is never going to have adequate replay to handle blown calls. If you can't live with that then maybe the games shouldn't be played. Keep in mind I've never been cussed out by a player. Think about that. You care more than the kid playing the game does.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I totally agree with you. After the seeing this video again and watching the LB just drop back and circle around focused on the QB, he doesn't even attempt to wrap him up. He lowers his head and drives his helmet up into him, pretty just goes in and blows him up.

Like stated earlier, Dowling was by far the worst team on the visitor sideline that I ever had the displeasure of being on when I was on helping run the chains.

The fact that Dowling has somehow escaped culpability in all this is the maddening part to me.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Their fans are also the worst, hands down.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
three things happened here that shouldn't have:

1-an apparent illegal hit

2-a missed call by an official

3-a coach who was out of line

One of these was not intentional and nothing that anyone can say can prove otherwise. One of these appears to be intentional and nothing anyone can say can prove otherwise. One of these was intentional and has been admitted to and apologized for.

All of you trying to conflate any of these with what high-school was involved can pound sand. The entire world has turned into a God damn conspiracy theory, complete with nonsensical ********.

If the coach doesn't act like a complete moron, we're not having this discussion.

I've played, coached and ref'd. I know I have to say that or risk losing what minimal credibility exists in discussions like these.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The fact that Dowling has somehow escaped culpability in all this is the maddening part to me.
Give me a break. Culpability for what? The ref missing a call? Should have been a penalty, no doubt. But I’ve been to high school football games almost every Friday night going back what feels like forever now and have never seen a kid get ejected for targeting. I guarantee their coaches don’t coach that. If this was any other school I’m sure you wouldn’t be “maddened by them escaping culpability”