Limited Concessions at JTS to Start the Season

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Don't know if this surprises anyone but read this from the email JP sent out. Wonder if they will allow you to bring in your own food.

• Similar to other organizations that rely on part-time service workers, it has been a challenge for Iowa State Athletics to rehire staff and fill key positions which help make a successful game day operation. As a result, food service menus (concession stands, suites and club seats, etc.) will only offer basic stadium food items to start the season. We made this decision to provide the most efficient customer service possible, and once we can adequately staff up our food service operations, we will again offer a complete menu.

• Informative
Reactions: RonBurgundy

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
There is still food available. Just limited options. No chance they allow people to bring food in.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
It's the safe bet. Can't run out of food if you don't have it in the first place.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oh god, absolutely, I screwed those guys up so badly. Their future wives are not going to be thrilled with the work I've done.
Well that’s kinda bs, you raised them taking them to Jack Trice on Saturdays. Those women should be f*cking grateful!

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
What would the non basic food be? Is there a fancy concession stand hidden somewhere?
Speculation on my part, but a hot dog or popcorn is probably a non basic concession item and a bag of M&Ms or chips is a basic concession item. A fountain drink might be a non basic concession item while a bottle of water is a basic concession item. I would guess something that takes anything more than removing it out of a box from a vendor and handing the sealed item to a customer won't be available.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi