Li'l Clones on the field

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Who else will be there with their li'l ones on Saturday. I can't wait. My son attended his first game last week and he loved it. He turns 5 next month and I don't know who will be more excited to be on the field. OK, it will be me for sure...:wink:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Weather permitting, I told my dad he could take my son onto the field. Same boat, I don't know who is more excited :smile: Of course, my son is only 10mo. old...

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I think it will be great and our son is extremely excited, but I have no idea how they expect to get all these kids off the field with the majority of the parents standing on the south end of the field waiting for them. Also, do they need to wear their lil clone shirt or just the lanyard to get field access? It seems a bit odd if they make them wear the gold shirt on cardinal rules day...

Reactions: isuforlife

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Who else will be there with their li'l ones on Saturday. I can't wait. My son attended his first game last week and he loved it. He turns 5 next month and I don't know who will be more excited to be on the field. OK, it will be me for sure...:wink:

Any of you fathers a bit worried about a mishap? When John and Gene mentioned this on the TV show Sunday night, I thought, 'Uh-oh.'

Lots of fog at the players' entrance to the field, lots of 300-pound guys running through pumped up and excited . . . and lots of little guys and gals maybe getting in the way.

It must be all thought out, though.

Take care! Should be fun.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
wifey and kiddo are heading out there... it is there turn for field access.

-keep

Hartcy

Aug 12, 2006
Des Moines
I have twins and they are very excited to go on the field. I just hope when the music gets going and the crowd gets into it, they dont take off. I was planning on the kids wearing the Lil' Clone club shirts, but what is everybody else doing.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think they have to wear those shirts.

-keep

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
We're taking our 2 boys as well. For those with field concerns, here's a map with the layout for the event:
Lil-Clone.jpg

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
So um, I dont have kids so I dont have a clue what this is about? They let parents take their kids on the field, is it just like a, "Hey, were on the field" kind of thing? or is there like some event to go with it?

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I'll be there with my 10 year old daughter...we are both excited to be down there!!

Z

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We're taking our 2 boys as well. For those with field concerns, here's a map with the layout for the event:
Lil-Clone.jpg

where did you find that? Cyclones.com is a bit confusing.. as they don't seem to have anything on the field access.

-keep

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
my understanding is there will be ropes keeping the kids and parents in those red zones from the graphic posted. if you haven't ever had the opportunity to be right there when the team runs out its freakin amazing. if you can choose where to go I'd definately head for the north side of the field so the team runs by you. that is one of the things I love about being in the band for pregame. btw the band is making arcs at center field so you should be able to get really close to the players coming out of the tunnel! I just hope everyone can get off the field quickly enough.