License Plate

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Which Plate should I choose?

• 4ISU (current plate)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • IAST8

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • CLONE

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Hello All
I live in Wyoming and we only get 5 letters for customized plates. (Used to be 4 until this last year) I am thinking of changing my plates as they are up in December and need your opinions.

Current plate is 4ISU
Options I am weighing are IAST8 or CLONE. Being in Wyoming ISU themed vanity plates are easy to get your preferences.

Reactions: Cycsk

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Hello All
I live in Wyoming and we only get 5 letters for customized plates. (Used to be 4 until this last year) I am thinking of changing my plates as they are up in December and need your opinions.

Current plate is 4ISU
Options I am weighing are IAST8 or CLONE. Being in Wyoming ISU themed vanity plates are easy to get your preferences.
I say CLONE because it can also convey a favorable stance on advanced cloning techniques, kill 2 birds with 1 license plate.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and WooBadger18

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'd say go with IAST8. Because the issue with 4ISU is it could refer to Idaho State since Idaho is closer, and CLONE isn't directly connected with Iowa State (at least not outside Iowa). IAST8 makes it clear who you're supporting

edit: unless you have Iowa State decals on your car, then I'd maybe go with 4ISU since it's more clear and then you'd have continuity and a different Iowa State fan could get IAST8

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I'd say go with IAST8. Because the issue with 4ISU is it could refer to Idaho State since Idaho is closer, and CLONE isn't directly connected with Iowa State (at least not outside Iowa). IAST8 makes it clear who you're supporting

edit: unless you have Iowa State decals on your car, then I'd maybe go with 4ISU since it's more clear and then you'd have continuity and a different Iowa State fan could get IAST8

I do have one of the decals from the athletic department this year (RED IOWA WITH CYCLONE IN MIDDLE)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hello All

Current plate is 4ISU

Good on you for doing this.

I saw a great Texas plate in the Hilton lot last night.

Attachments

• Texas I heart Cy license plate.jpg
    Texas I heart Cy license plate.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 55

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Good Old Colonel Angus!

Colonel-Angus.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and DurangoCy