Liberty Bowl Sold Out

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I am guessing by gameday you will able to good good prices on tickets on the secondary market.

Yeah, gotta think a whole lot of those 25k in pre-sales are going to be trying to dump tickets. There's a lot on Ticketmaster and Stubhub right now who just have the prices high out of the hopes somebody will still bite.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here is a piece of advice for anyone hoping to buy a scalped ticket at the stadium. I don't know how it is policed, but if you are buying a ticket, don't give the money until you are near the Ticket Office where you can point to the guy running if your ticket is fake. Or if you buy two, then only one go in while the other waits with the scalper until you know the tickets are legit. A fraud isn't going to hang around an area with lots of police and take the risk of getting caught.

Another good rule is to watch who is selling tickets. If you see people selling tickets at the same area throughout the day and they are still there after the gates open, you can probably trust that they are legit. If they were frauds, they wouldn't hang out in the same place and run the risk of somebody coming back for them because they know the first thing you would do is come looking for them.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Here is a piece of advice for anyone hoping to buy a scalped ticket at the stadium. I don't know how it is policed, but if you are buying a ticket, don't give the money until you are near the Ticket Office where you can point to the guy running if your ticket is fake. Or if you buy two, then only one go in while the other waits with the scalper until you know the tickets are legit. A fraud isn't going to hang around an area with lots of police and take the risk of getting caught.

Another good rule is to watch who is selling tickets. If you see people selling tickets at the same area throughout the day and they are still there after the gates open, you can probably trust that they are legit. If they were frauds, they wouldn't hang out in the same place and run the risk of somebody coming back for them because they know the first thing you would do is come looking for them.
I had this happen to our group while at the college world series in Omaha one year.

This man sold 4 of us tickets, two of which did not work.

We found an officer and led him directly to where the guy sold us the tickets (and he was still there!!).

Gotta be weary of that kind of stuff unfortunately.

Reactions: isutrevman

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
Our fans are great...check out the mighty Kansas State bowl support...

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article187850299.html

They have a 6,000 ticket allotment and have "already" sold half (3,000).

Way to go Wildcats...

No need to crap on KSU fans for this. Many on here stated the Dec 26 bowl date would be unworkable for them if ISU had been chosen for this bowl. Also, they had a 7-5 season that was below expectations. This is their 8th consecutive bowl trip.

I look forward to ISU fans being highly disappointed in 7-5 seasons and going to bowl games for several consecutive seasons.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
No need to crap on KSU fans for this. Many on here stated the Dec 26 bowl date would be unworkable for them if ISU had been chosen for this bowl. Also, they had a 7-5 season that was below expectations. This is their 8th consecutive bowl trip.

I look forward to ISU fans being highly disappointed in 7-5 seasons and going to bowl games for several consecutive seasons.
They’re also more like UNI.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
So when I purchased my tickets through Iowa state it said my tickets my not be guaranteed depending on how many higher level season ticket holders bought them, should i be worried? bought them right at 9am on monday.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
So when I purchased my tickets through Iowa state it said my tickets my not be guaranteed depending on how many higher level season ticket holders bought them, should i be worried? bought them right at 9am on monday.

If you are season ticket holder I would think you’d be ok. I’m guessing a lot of non STH bought tickets too getting us to 15k.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron