Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
For those calling for Bill to retire...

He just brought in another solid recruiting class and has the start to another one the following year. If he steps down, we stand a chance at losing several of those players and really start off the next Chapter in Cyclone WBB from the bottom.

Well, the last top recruiting class didn't stick around. The outcome on that probably isn't different either way.

We're not gonna send him packing. He's probably well past his peak in terms of great years and tourney performances, but there's no case where JP is sending him packing unless something really, really wild happen. It's just the voicing of justifiable frustrations for most.

In any case, we're the 2nd or 3rd best program in the state, and that's pretty much our peak right now.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
For those calling for Bill to retire...

He just brought in another solid recruiting class and has the start to another one the following year. If he steps down, we stand a chance at losing several of those players and really start off the next Chapter in Cyclone WBB from the bottom.

Well the last one everyone left and he massively underachieved with them, but I’m sure this one will be better. Based on his quote on Donarski it would appear he’s learning from his mistakes and really internalizing what he could have done differently.

I hope I’ve laid the sarcasm on think enough it comes through.

Reactions: bozclone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
what are they saying
—They don’t know why Lexi is leaving
—Believe it is not NIL related
—Thinks Lexi wants more shots to maximize possible WNBA
—Equated this decision to a job change
—CW has a take on the premium board

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They didn’t refer to anything posted on here. CW stated twice that “ we won the b12”. Which of course we didn’t.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines

She could have shot 30 times a game next year.

Reactions: legi

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Reading Lexi’s statement is really sad IMO.

That sounds like someone that loves her teammates, loves the fans, loves the atmosphere, loves ISU, and wants to stay here……. BUT….. because of something else (Bill)…. she just can’t do it anymore and needs to leave because of that.

It’s blatantly obvious that she doesn’t like Bill. You don’t make a statement like that and just ‘forget’ to include the head coach.

Maggie also didn’t say anything about Bill.

Keep your heads in the sand all you Bill lovers. There have been quite a few that have left for this reason, and these won’t be the last.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Just a reminder that Lexi committed to the Cyclones coming out of eighth grade. Priorities change between 14 and 21. The change is less mystifying when you remember that.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Reading Lexi’s statement is really sad IMO.

That sounds like someone that loves her teammates, loves the fans, loves the atmosphere, loves ISU, and wants to stay here……. BUT….. because of something else (Bill)…. she just can’t do it anymore and needs to leave because of that.

It’s blatantly obvious that she doesn’t like Bill. You don’t make a statement like that and just ‘forget’ to include the head coach.

Maggie also didn’t say anything about Bill.

Keep your heads in the sand all you Bill lovers. There have been quite a few that have left for this reason, and these won’t be the last.
Then why stay for three years? You are putting words in her mouth.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
Also gave the ‘her future in bb is as a PG’ theory. I really thought she was the 2nd best PG on the team last year, but MEM clearly took that role, when given the floor, this year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Then why stay for three years? You are putting words in her mouth.

I said that’s what it sounds like to me…. so yes…. it’s my opinion.

If you think her relationship with Bill is fine…. I don’t know what to tell you. It’s clear as can be. She loved everything about being here, but ‘accidentally’ left out Bill? Not buying it. Sorry.

Reactions: legi

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
""Her family made the decision. Obviously this wasnt the place she wanted to be. That's okay, that's her choice."
"I'm focused on the kids that want to play at Iowa State."

From CF Twitter.
This is what I heard, more specifically her dad.
I am not really a big fan of this quote. I understand the frustration of the portal and the quick jumping of athletes. Until they buckle down on this, nothing is going to change.

Marcelason78 said:

Also to add how people were jumping to conclusions with the reasons why she left. Honestly good 20 minute listen to. About 5 minutes into the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron