Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
……Her inconsistent 3-point shot is what holds her back more than anything. And I think that has a lot to do with how she was used on both ends of the floor because her technique is nearly flawless.
Lexi is saying she wants to “play for a team that is a little less structured” and ”plays fast”. Not sure how that fits into her 3 point shooting.

• Dumb
Reactions: ICCYFAN

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Lexi is saying she wants to “play for a team that is a little less structured” and ”plays fast”. Not sure how that fits into her 3 point shooting.
More spot up opportunities and freedom to shoot early in the shot clock can have an effect. Not as much responsibility on defense.

I think it would help her if she focused more on being a 3-point sniper who looks for spot up opportunities as opposed to a slashing SF with the ability to shoot 3s.

Naz senior year is what she should be looking to recreate. He took and made a ton of threes, but also figured out how to finish at the hoop in traffic.

Reactions: bozclone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
More spot up opportunities and freedom to shoot early in the shot clock can have an effect. Not as much responsibility on defense.….
Agree about the shot clock effect, but she has dropped 10 points with her 3 since her freshman year, under the same structure.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
UNC graduates one of their starting guards (Hodgson) so I'm sure they are looking for Lexi to fill that gap. They will be a senior loaded roster next year. Lots of experience.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Junejax

Mar 2, 2013
UNC graduates one of their starting guards (Hodgson) so I'm sure they are looking for Lexi to fill that gap. They will be a senior loaded roster next year. Lots of experience.
Losing Kennedy Todd-Williams to the portal (transfer to OleMiss) opened an opportunity on the perimeter. She led UNC with 161 3-point shots taken (hitting at .323) and was second on the team in scoring at 13.4 ppg. At 6-0 and with length, she was also a defensive presence. I think Lexi brings a lot to that team and will be a good leader for them next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron