lets see your cyclone rooms

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
looking to do basement in cyclone related decor. Was curious what you guys had for ideas etc. Post any pics doesnt matter if youre in college and poor or ceo10kaday hiring thuglife to stand in your bar area, lets see.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm just about to start working on mine on our first house we built last summer. I have a ton of stuff to put up and organize, just got to figure out how I'm going to do it.

The wife already said no to painting all the walls cardinal, but I'll work on her :) She thinks it may be too dark in there without windows, so I'll play around with options.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'm just about to start working on mine on our first house we built last summer. I have a ton of stuff to put up and organize, just got to figure out how I'm going to do it.

The wife already said no to painting all the walls cardinal, but I'll work on her :) She thinks it may be too dark in there without windows, so I'll play around with options.

Don't let your woman tell you how to decorate YOUR mancave. Stand up for yourself!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Does your home rely on a sump pump or sewage pump? My advice would be to leave unfinished. Unifinished basements are the new industrial chic......cleaning up wet basements is not chic.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Does your home rely on a sump pump or sewage pump? My advice would be to leave unfinished. Unifinished basements are the new industrial chic......cleaning up wet basements is not chic.

Agreed. I've actually been fighting the wife on this one. We'll be putting our house on the market soon and I would prefer at least a portion of unfinished basement. Having carpet below ground level is just asking for it...

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Going to go ahead and state the obvious - EVERY room is dark without windows.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

You could always just do one or two walls in cardinal and some lighter. Tell her "accent walls" are all the rage now. ;)

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Sadly, part of my Cyclones room is taken by KSU stuff. Because I'm smart, the KSU stuff has no room to expand (based on where I put it up) while the ISU side has room to grow.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don't let your woman tell you how to decorate YOUR mancave. Stand up for yourself!
You're assuming that they are all MAN caves. Allow me to disabuse you of that notion!

Actually, ours is both...I dragged him into fandom when we married, and now he's as much of a Cyclone as I am. :D

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You're assuming that they are all MAN caves. Allow me to disabuse you of that notion!

Actually, ours is both...I dragged him into fandom when we married, and now he's as much of a Cyclone as I am. :D

My wife lets me refer to it as a mancave...she calls the entire rest of the house her woman cave, she's got a point.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Loyal sons AND daughters. If only all wives could be on the same page!

My wife lets me refer to it as a mancave...she calls the entire rest of the house her woman cave, she's got a point.

Exactly. You deserve a small slice of the pie to call your own no matter how much the tackiness drives her crazy.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Haha, oh she isn't! She suggested maybe an accent wall like others have mentioned, which I may agree but we'll see.

She's actually given me the key/best pieces that will decorate the place as gifts over the years. It will be nice to finally have a home for all of it.

Going to go ahead and state the obvious - EVERY room is dark without windows.

I guess that's why it's called a man cave eh? I've already worked on the lighting so it doesn't look so dungeon-like down there.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Ya, I've also let the wife think that as well. Little does she know I want next to nothing to do with decorating any of the main floor/upstairs. It helps though that we have the same taste when it comes to design and style.

Reactions: heitclone

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Haha, oh she isn't! She suggested maybe an accent wall like others have mentioned, which I may agree but we'll see.

She's actually given me the key/best pieces that will decorate the place as gifts over the years. It will be nice to finally have a home for all of it.

I guess that's why it's called a man cave eh? I've already worked on the lighting so it doesn't look so dungeon-like down there.

I will say that my bachelor pad house came with one room prepainted just the right shade of red that you could call it cardinal. It had windows, and was decently lit, but once my house became a "married guy's house", the new lighter color on the walls really did brighten it up.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I started working on my home theater man cave with a vague Cyclone theme last summer but I have a lot more work to do. Painted two walls a nice gold color and plan to paint the other two a deeper cardinal color, definitely more maroon than red. It's not the exact colors, but doing the true cardinal and gold colors on the walls seemed tricky. On the wall that will the theater screen I have gold with some cardinal colored curtains hanging on either side of the screen for a nice movie theater effect.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Came for the pictures and there's none...

140gc5s.png