Let Him Cook Podcast

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I came to say the same. Educated, well versed on all things basketball, great vocal tones. I'm excited to see how they are as they become more comfortable in this medium. Best start of a CF podcast series in my opinion. I love to see young ISU talent shine.

Agreed. Tough to have decent chemistry when one guy is in another state but I never would have guessed that if they didn't say it. Great first pod.

Also one of those pods that make you feel freaking ancient when one of them is talking about how watching the OU comeback game made them want to come to ISU.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Agreed. Tough to have decent chemistry when one guy is in another state but I never would have guessed that if they didn't say it. Great first pod.

Also one of those pods that make you feel freaking ancient when one of them is talking about how watching the OU comeback game made them want to come to ISU.
Haha, when he said he was a kid reading CF and dreamed of working here was my ancient indicator.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Very fun pod. Both of these guys know their stuff and had some interesting comments that couldn’t help but get you pumped for the season. The only thing that surprised me was the absence of talk about Big Rob, as I do think he’ll see plenty of minutes.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
I came to say the same. Educated, well versed on all things basketball, great vocal tones. I'm excited to see how they are as they become more comfortable in this medium. Best start of a CF podcast series in my opinion. I love to see young ISU talent shine.
Dido

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
did dylan use to be on wrnl? very knowledgeable on cyclone basketball
Seems like one of them at least was, as they made a reference to Aiden the producer about their time there. WRNL is becoming the CF Triple A affiliate

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Not to knock on their content and I'm 100% certain they are still growing in their podcasting skills. But for me, I had to turn it off after less than 5-minutes - the constant "ahs" and "ums" drove me crazy. I understand the nerves and everything, and like I said I'm sure they are going to grow as they become more comfortable.

Keep after it guys - but be confident in the subject matter you're delivering, nothing wrong with a little "dead air" if you need to gather your thoughts before moving onto the next talking point/subject.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Not to knock on their content and I'm 100% certain they are still growing in their podcasting skills. But for me, I had to turn it off after less than 5-minutes - the constant "ahs" and "ums" drove me crazy. I understand the nerves and everything, and like I said I'm sure they are going to grow as they become more comfortable.

Keep after it guys - but be confident in the subject matter you're delivering, nothing wrong with a little "dead air" if you need to gather your thoughts before moving onto the next talking point/subject.
I listen to a lot of podcasts and every single one has things about it that can irk me. These guys didn't stand out in a significantly negative way to me at all.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
They did fine, but the bar was set pretty high with Stanz & Scotty C - two guys that understood basketball better than I did and I really enjoyed listening to them break things down. I hope they continue to improve; but will need to provide better insights and breakdowns for me to continue to listen.

They were also incorrect on some of the items they spoke about (they stated that the 2 games w/ KU were circled on their list, but we don't play at KU this year) and didn't necessarily agree some of their breakdowns of our players. I'm sure a pre-season pod with this many new faces is difficult so can't wait for them to break down a game next week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron