Leno hammering Letterman in ratings...

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
My opinion of course, but Craig Ferguson is by far the cream of the crop. He is sharp, witty, and very gifted. Dances on several edges of issues very adroitly.

I am surprised no one has mentioned him before in this thread.

A member of the robot skeleton army, I see. I agree completely. Ferguson is the best thing on late night right now.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Just because more people watch doesn't mean that it is the better show. Most music on the top of the charts isn't really the best music. Some people just have bad taste

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Just because more people watch doesn't mean that it is the better show. Most music on the top of the charts isn't really the best music. Some people just have bad taste

Exactly, most people are pretty dumb hence they enjoy dumb things like, Leno, Bud light and the Hawkeyes.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Probably the same people who still like the "hope and change" jokes 2 years later. :wink:

In all seriousness, let's just make sure to keep this thread away from politics. Thanks.

uh, 2 years? Yeah, I guess it seems that long.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
He was in some movie with the Napolean Dynamite guy a couple years ago, outside of that I'm not sure.
Thinking back in his career I'd say he was my favorite host of the Daily Show, best anchor on Sportscenter, and funniest late night talk show. He should come back to the talk show biz so I can see interesting interviews and actual comedy again.

I think Stewart is better.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
He was in some movie with the Napolean Dynamite guy a couple years ago, outside of that I'm not sure.
Thinking back in his career I'd say he was my favorite host of the Daily Show, best anchor on Sportscenter, and funniest late night talk show. He should come back to the talk show biz so I can see interesting interviews and actual comedy again.

+1 for Craiggers!

Jumanji!

This is from old school week. When he was at ESPN sports center was must see television.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA285mw_EsQ]YouTube - Craig Kilborn - SportsCenter Old School[/ame]

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
IMO both are not funny. Leno seems like a good guy, Letterman seems like an ***. I grew out of letterman at about 25. Similar to how I grew out of Jim Rome.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
True because if Conan can't get it done on NBC he'll do so much better on Fox. :skeptical:

he'll probably have a better lead-in on fox than leno gave him at NBC. Lenos ratings were AWFUL at 9pm even with him being able to steal the best guests.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Hasn't Fox been the #1 network for a while now?

I'd be surprised if that wasn't CBS. After Idol and House what does Fox have that anyone watches? (and don't say 24, people got off that bandwagon awhile ago)

Besides, anyone who thinks Conan is going to take away ratings from Leno they're kidding themselves. If people were going to stop watching Leno because of Conan, they'd have already done it. Leno and Conan don't have the same viewers.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd be surprised if that wasn't CBS. After Idol and House what does Fox have that anyone watches? (and don't say 24, people got off that bandwagon awhile ago)

Besides, anyone who thinks Conan is going to take away ratings from Leno they're kidding themselves. If people were going to stop watching Leno because of Conan, they'd have already done it. Leno and Conan don't have the same viewers.

Bones and Fringe - but yeah, point taken. I didn't realize just how little Fox had to offer to me in the way of television entertainment until I actually thought about it.

That being said, don't discount 24. Most agree it needs to be put out to pasture, but people are still watching regardless and it will be missed when it's off the air. But I digress...

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Bones and Fringe - but yeah, point taken. I didn't realize just how little Fox had to offer to me in the way of television entertainment until I actually thought about it.

That being said, don't discount 24. Most agree it needs to be put out to pasture, but people are still watching regardless and it will be missed when it's off the air. But I digress...

I know people are still watching (that would include me) but it's not the ratings monster that it used to be. I know it's routinely behind the CBS comedies and dancing with the stars.

For me personally CBS takes up a large chunk of my viewing time although some of my favorite shows (House, Lost, Friday Night Lights) are on other channels.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I know people are still watching (that would include me) but it's not the ratings monster that it used to be. I know it's routinely behind the CBS comedies and dancing with the stars.

For me personally CBS takes up a large chunk of my viewing time although some of my favorite shows (House, Lost, Friday Night Lights) are on other channels.

That's the thing with CBS. Is anyone's favorite show on CBS? Not a lot I bet. But everybody's filler/I-like-it-but-I'm-not-******-if-I-miss-it shows are on CBS.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
At least according to the Hollywood Insider Mike Evans radio blurb I heard this morning on the drive to work. Since Leno went back to 10:35 PM, there have been 23 shows, and Leno has won 21 of 23. Also, Leno is supposedly winning in all demographic areas. I didn't catch the numbers exactly, but I thought Evans said that last week, Leno was in the lower 4's, and Letterman was in the lower 3's.

I tried to find some ratings links, but pretty much all entertainment sights are blocked here at work. The blog on Evans sight (On The Road With Mike Evans) lags the radio blurb by one day, so his commentary should be available tomorrow.

Leno's not hammering Letterman in the ratings, he's barely winning. His ratings will obviously be up for a bit because of his triumphant return after stealing Conan's gig. Because of the NCAA Tourney, Letterman's been pushed back and has also been airing reruns.