Legion on Fx

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It is really interesting how they take such a deep dive into the sheer power and complexity of an omega level telepath rather than every other film just having them touch their head and do things occasionally. I loved how they gave use just a flicker of Professor X's wheelchair.

Reactions: DeftOne

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Holy crap, what an episode #7 was. Aubrey Plaza is just blowing me away. I always thought she was talented, and enjoyed her on Parks & Rec, and in some of her other roles, but this feels like a complete game changer for her career. I never imagined that she could pull off a role like this. The whole silent movie scene was incredible.

fark_mlpGJmlYWrJNxG9Er_g1p1P0izc.gif

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Everyone has me intrigued on this show, so count me in!!! Thing is that I refuse to watch anything week to week. However, with checking on their app, it looks like they've still got ALL the episodes available on there for the next two months before they disappear. Therefore, with the season only being 8 episodes, it looks like I'll at least have the opportunity to binge through all the episodes once the season is done. I'll just be a bit on the clock. I figure I'm safer doing it that way, even though I'll get stuck watching commercials, than gambling on where and when the show eventually pops up on a streaming service. With new shows like this, you just never know where they will end up, if anywhere.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Everyone has me intrigued on this show, so count me in!!! Thing is that I refuse to watch anything week to week. However, with checking on their app, it looks like they've still got ALL the episodes available on there for the next two months before they disappear. Therefore, with the season only being 8 episodes, it looks like I'll at least have the opportunity to binge through all the episodes once the season is done. I'll just be a bit on the clock. I figure I'm safer doing it that way, even though I'll get stuck watching commercials, than gambling on where and when the show eventually pops up on a streaming service. With new shows like this, you just never know where they will end up, if anywhere.

you will not be disappointed. This is up there with the best "superhero" shows/movies I think I've ever seen. It's just so wonderfully done. And I apologize, it's not really doing the show justice to continue to refer to it as part of the "superhero" genre. I mean, it is, but Legion holds up against all genres. It's just a fantastic, well written, beautifully filmed, incredibly acted show, in general.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

You need to watch it on a big, good TV. Tablet or a small screen won't do it justice. I'm not a huge visual buff, but the shots and the color schemes are something that you just don't see on TV ever. It really is jaw dropping. Half the time you don't know what is real and what isn't, but it is extremely well done.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
You need to watch it on a big, good TV. Tablet or a small screen won't do it justice. I'm not a huge visual buff, but the shots and the color schemes are something that you just don't see on TV ever. It really is jaw dropping. Half the time you don't know what is real and what isn't, but it is extremely well done.

Good thing I just bought a 65 inch curved Samsung 4K TV for my newly finished basement then that I'm about the install!! I'm assuming that will work.

Reactions: State43

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I don't know if I could binge watch this show - it is mentally exhausting just watching one episode. io9 had a great article last Wednesday (before episode 7) about why Aubrey Plaza is the best part about this show:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/aubrey-plaza-has-been-legions-true-star-all-along-1793311836

I should clarify what I mean when I say binge. Ultimately, I've got a family with two kids where I really only watch all my nerd stuff later at night after the kids and wife go to bed, so it really is never close to a binge. I average about 1 or 2 TV episodes a night and then pull something like Legion off over a week or so. That is my form of binge. Right now, I'm just finishing my long marathon of Flash (Season 2), LOT (Season 1), Arrow (Season 4), and Supergirl (Season 1) on Netflix. Got one episode left on 3 of them is all. Whew!!! At my pace, this was a multi-month process, but I'm finally nearing the finish line to start some newbies. Up next will likely be either Legion or Iron Fist.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good thing I just bought a 65 inch curved Samsung 4K TV for my newly finished basement then that I'm about the install!! I'm assuming that will work.

Yeah, that'll work.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I should clarify what I mean when I say binge. Ultimately, I've got a family with two kids where I really only watch all my nerd stuff later at night after the kids and wife go to bed, so it really is never close to a binge. I average about 1 or 2 TV episodes a night and then pull something like Legion off over a week or so. That is my form of binge. Right now, I'm just finishing my long marathon of Flash (Season 2), LOT (Season 1), Arrow (Season 4), and Supergirl (Season 1) on Netflix. Got one episode left on 3 of them is all. Whew!!! At my pace, this was a multi-month process, but I'm finally nearing the finish line to start some newbies. Up next will likely be either Legion or Iron Fist.
Legion and Iron Fist are two very different styles of show, but in a general sense Legion is waaaaay better than Iron Fist. And it's not even close.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
The first episode blew me away then the second one was a dud. The third picked up a little bit but it wasn't enough to motivate me to prioritize it. From the sounds of it I'll need to catch up for the finale.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
The finale was...OK. Not as good as I was hoping it was going to be, but not bad. Overall a fantastic first season, though.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The finale was...OK. Not as good as I was hoping it was going to be, but not bad. Overall a fantastic first season, though.

Yeah, the second to last episode was really, really good. The finale was just OK. Aubrey Plaza is killing it.

• Agree
Reactions: DeftOne and State43

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
It's back! Still trippy as hell.

My wife and I couldn't look away, that episode was great. There is nothing else like it on TV. It took 20 minutes until they finally got to a plot point I could actually follow. That's not to say that the first 20 minutes were a waste of time - it's one of those things where a few episodes from now I'm going to go "HOLY $H**!" and it's all going to make sense. IMO this is the best comicbook-based TV show.