NBA: Lebron James to opt out of contract

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Sorry. 6 10.25 instead of 6 9". Totally destroys my whole argument. I've probably never seen Bosh play before nor do I know anything about him. I'm not saying Bosh is horrible, but he is far from a superstar anymore and not on level of LBJ.

Well, that is a given. For every other current player

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sorry. 6 10.25 instead of 6 9". Totally destroys my whole argument. I've probably never seen Bosh play before nor do I know anything about him. I'm not saying Bosh is horrible, but he is far from a superstar anymore and not on level of LBJ.

He almost was Houdini in the last two games.....disappeared.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

You specifically said Bosh sucks. He's one of the top 5 power forwards in the league, easily. If he were playing for just about any other team, he'd put up monster numbers, too. But he's more interested in winning championships and has been willing to take more of a backseat to do it.

And no **** Bosh isn't on LeBron's level. Outside of Kobe and maybe Duncan, not a single player has been on LBJ's level in the past 15 years.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There's certainly some drama with the news that he's seeking a max contract, he has every right to and I wouldn't criticize him for doing so…but going the superfriends route is obviously more difficult if everyone wants their true market value (and James is obviously still league max value).

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Really....
Big 2? Haha. Its Lebron and the crew. Bosh sucks.

And the number that is most commonly used is their height in shoes, but whatever.

And way to go out on a limb saying he isn't on the level of LBJ. Really big jump there.

Bosh is a solid piece to a championship team and absolutely does not suck.

Wade on the other hand....

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
There's certainly some drama with the news that he's seeking a max contract, he has every right to and I wouldn't criticize him for doing so…but going the superfriends route is obviously more difficult if everyone wants their true market value (and James is obviously still league max value).

I saw an article that speculated LeBron's on court value with no max was something like $55 million.

I'm impressed he has always taken a paycut his entire career when he is already so vastly underpaid.

I expect LeBron to take a deal close to the max, but not at it. Something like $24 million per year. Bosh and especially Wade should be taking the paycut to play with LeBron. If they don't someone else will gladly do it.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I feel like Bosh is a similar caliber player as Boozer.

He's a lot better than Boozer. Probably both defensively and offensively.

It's hard to find a guy who is 6'11 and can move like Bosh and also shoot at a high level from long 2 point range and in. That athleticism also allows him to be a good defender.

He did have a terrible finals though, there's no disputing that.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Boozer rebounds at a higher rate in fewer minutes, and Bosh's defensive metrics aren't that much better.

Bosh has a great 3 point shot (has gotten much better over the years) but beyond that there's not a huge difference which is odd given bosh's frame and athleticism.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Boozer rebounds at a higher rate in fewer minutes, and Bosh's defensive metrics aren't that much better.

Bosh was worth 8 win shares last season, Boozer 3.4. You're right that the defensive win shares were close between the two but offensively there was no comparison. Bosh shoots better from every range than Boozer, Bosh is top 5 in the league around the rim, and a top 3 mid range shooter.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Bosh has a great 3 point shot (has gotten much better over the years) but beyond that there's not a huge difference which is odd given bosh's frame and athleticism.
Bosh just got carried to 3 championships so people think he is an elite player. Both were near elite players during their prime.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

I wouldn't say he's a great three point shooter yet, although he has improved dramatically over the last few years. He's without a doubt a great midrange shooter though, only Dirk is a better pick and pop guy.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Bosh gives you 3 more PPG, 3 times as many blocks, more steals, more free throws attempted and a better FT%, shoots 6% (!) better while taking shots from much further away, and shoots 34% from deep while Boozer absolutely never shoots 3s.

The one bad thing about his ability to stretch the defense is he spends more time on the perimeter and his rebounding suffers a bit.

Bosh is a much better player. Boozer is solid though.

Go to http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boozeca01.html and http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html and you will see that Bosh's win share number is literally twice as high as Boozer's.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I wouldn't say he's a great three point shooter yet, although he has improved dramatically over the last few years. He's without a doubt a great midrange shooter though, only Dirk is a better pick and pop guy.

Agreed. He is a great 3 point shooter as far as centers go, almost no centers in the NBA can stretch the defense like he can.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Combined with the deadly 20 footer...trust me if you're cheering against him you don't like seeing him with room to shoot.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If LeBron really wants a max deal, I would think Bosh will look long and hard at Houston. He's a much better fit for them than Carmelo, he would be a great fit as a stretch four next to Howard.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
If LeBron really wants a max deal, I would think Bosh will look long and hard at Houston. He's a much better fit for them than Carmelo, he would be a great fit as a stretch four next to Howard.

I think LeBron wants Bosh to stay. Wade is the one who make no sense on the same team as LeBron.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yardbarker says Melo and Bron to the Suns (it's for the coaching).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron