Lazard story in Sports Spotlight

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Hey all,

Depending on where you live, you might already have access to the print magazine at your nearest Casey's. For those of you who don't, here is our online digital version (which also includes previews for every district in the state, in addition to what was in the print).

My story on Lazard is on page 73. Hope you enjoy it! I certainly enjoyed working on it.

https://issuu.com/sportsspotlight/docs/digital_pigskin_preview_2013/73?e=0

Reactions: VeloClone

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I love hearing he started out at and dominated as a DB! That excites me as much as hearing about his WR skills.

Don't know if that would translate to B12 play, but still a great background to have played both positions.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love hearing he started out at and dominated as a DB! That excites me as much as hearing about his WR skills.

Don't know if that would translate to B12 play, but still a great background to have played both positions.

It definitely makes a difference.
1) There are bad thrown balls where the receiver needs to turn into a DB and just knock a probable interception away. His CB experience will definitely help here.
2) Every team has some sort of hail mary defensive package and having extra big bodies with speed, quickness and experience breaking up passes is a great asset to have. Many receivers can do it, but the trick is to not draw the flag when you are doing it and not all of them will have that last part.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Hey all,

Depending on where you live, you might already have access to the print magazine at your nearest Casey's. For those of you who don't, here is our online digital version (which also includes previews for every district in the state, in addition to what was in the print).

My story on Lazard is on page 73. Hope you enjoy it! I certainly enjoyed working on it.

https://issuu.com/sportsspotlight/docs/digital_pigskin_preview_2013/73?e=0
What, a hawk fan is a member of the press? :pconfused: Oh by the way nice work.

gjbuck

Feb 26, 2010
Rhodes
What, a hawk fan is a member of the press? :pconfused: Oh by the way nice work.
Good story about Lazard's respect for his mother's dad. Like Ernie has assured me, Allen will stay committed to the Clones! Hope Ernie will be able to watch his grandson's career in Ames and beyond!

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Good story about Lazard's respect for his mother's dad. Like Ernie has assured me, Allen will stay committed to the Clones! Hope Ernie will be able to watch his grandson's career in Ames and beyond!

The things he said about how he wants to be a leader for his team and help build it up (not unlike what he's helped do at Urbandale) planted the story idea in my head, and when we talked about his grandpa a few minutes later, the things he said cinched it. That's when I knew he wasn't going anywhere but Iowa State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron