LaVar Ball - "slow white guys" kept UCLA from title

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by Tornado man, Apr 6, 2017.

1. cycopath25

cycopath25 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Male
    (307)
    Yeah that's why Gonzaga didn't win it either... ;)o_O

2. Tedcyclone

Tedcyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    vegas hedge fund
    West Des Moines

could be true in some cases, but not this one. His son was owned, and one of the white guys he speaks of is a Lottery Pick. Officially on the LBall is a dumbass train.

3. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    I honestly think the more he speaks the lower his kid goes in the draft. When comparing talent and you have two kids that are pretty close, yet one kid has issues (His dad). They will take the other kid first. The article most of us read on his dad and the high school coach, the high school coach seems to be relieved that last year is over because of the dad. I am guessing he would not even mind the other two taking a hike and leaving his high school team.

4. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    at some point, one of the kids will say something like this. You can't grow up in a house like this and not end up similarly.

5. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Whatever. I think the way he's exploiting his kids to build his brand is nothing but pathetic. Just a sad, middle aged blowhard. End of story.

6. FerShizzle

FerShizzle Active Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Male
    Des Moines
    That's racist. I'm tired this "slow and unathletic" characteristic being applied to white athletes and sick of the double standard.

7. srjclone

srjclone Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Male
    Minneapolis
    who is reallly not good at basketball

8. Desiigner

Desiigner Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Why do people care about what he thinks? He's just seeking for attention. It's sad that the media doesn't have anything better to cover than LaVar Ball's hot takes

9. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Maybe that is why his son doesn't have great foot speed as well. Half white.

10. coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Male
    KC
    We're not doing it here, but comments like that simply add fuel to racism on both sides. Too many times people feel the need to defend their race with racially laced retorts. If the media doesn't ignore him, I hope they focus on the individual versus what he said. His ignorance and stupidity is without color.

Also, if the media doesn't cut him off, we're looking at hearing his same line of crap for several more years. His 15 minutes was horrible and should be done.

11. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Madison, Wisconsin
    He's like the black Donald Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Whar Stephen A. to somehow spin this as okay?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Male
    Arlington, TX
    Take your political ******** to the cave...

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Language please

15. NetflixAndClone

NetflixAndClone Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Student
    Ames
    [I honestly think the more he speaks the lower his kid goes in the draft. When comparing talent and you have two kids that are pretty close, yet one kid has issues (His dad). They will take the other kid first. The article most of us read on his dad and the high school coach, the high school coach seems to be relieved that last year is over because of the dad. I am guessing he would not even mind the other two taking a hike and leaving his high school team.

[/QUOTE]

the thing that hits him the most is his shooting motion. While it's fine in college in the pros he won't get end time to shoot it if he does his motion. He will get blocked a lot. Its kinda like the tebow problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    the thing that hits him the most is his shooting motion. While it's fine in college in the pros he won't get end time to shoot it if he does his motion. He will get blocked a lot. Its kinda like the tebow problem.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't think teams will give a crap about LaVar Ball one way or another. The question to them is whether or not he can get his shot off against NBA defenders. And if he can't, then can he rebuild his shot? Not like tweaking it, but totally starting over from scratch. I like his game and he's coming along at the perfect time. His passing skills and court vision are well suited to today's game, and he has good size for the position. But I don't know how he'll get that shot off against the bigger, quicker defenders in the league.

17. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I watched a video of Wigginton squaring off with LaMelo, Ball's little brother. That kid has an ugly shot but (on a highlight reel) it appears effective.

18. randomfan44

randomfan44 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. Cyched

Cyched Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Ankeny

• Like Like x 3
  20. AgronAlum

AgronAlum Active Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Hilarious. I think Jim Rome got it right on this one. He said they should be named the "Applebee's Waiter 1's".