Latrell Bankston Commits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep. I think Johnson and Lima are both in an NFL camp next August with a good chance at making the roster. Big losses along the defensive front, so any reinforcements are welcome!
I don't think we'll see much of a dropoff if at all on the d-line for next year. Peterson, Uwazerike, Bailey, as well as an older McDonald. Throw in Bankston and Isaiah Lee and that's still an extremely talented line.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I don't think we'll see much of a dropoff if at all on the d-line for next year. Peterson, Uwazerike, Bailey, as well as an older McDonald. Throw in Bankston and Isaiah Lee and that's still an extremely talented line.
ISU Two Deep Comparison

Edge: J.D. Waggoner, Jhaustin Thomas
DT: Demond Tucker, Robby Garcia
NG: Pierre Aka, Vernell Trent
Leo: Gabe Luna, Mitch Meyers

Some Decent Players...

LE: Jaquan Bailey, Zach Petersen, Blake Peterson
NG: Latrell Bankston, Isaiah Lee
DT: Tucker Robertson, Joshua Bailey
RE: Enyi, Will Mcdonald, Corey Suttle/Johnny Wilson

GIVE ME THAT 4-2-5!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
ISU Two Deep Comparison

Edge: J.D. Waggoner, Jhaustin Thomas
DT: Demond Tucker, Robby Garcia
NG: Pierre Aka, Vernell Trent
Leo: Gabe Luna, Mitch Meyers

Some Decent Players...

LE: Jaquan Bailey, Zach Petersen, Blake Peterson
NG: Latrell Bankston, Isaiah Lee
DT: Tucker Robertson, Joshua Bailey
RE: Enyi, Will Mcdonald, Corey Suttle/Johnny Wilson

GIVE ME THAT 4-2-5!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember a previous coach who said he couldn't recruit the defense line, that defensive line in 2020 is loaded.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
Did anyone else's heart skip a beat when he said he was committing to "the University of Iowa State"? Welcome to the family, big fella!

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Don't overlook Tucker Robertson. He's played more snaps than expected, even though he's had to move outside to do it due to Lima and Johnson playing so well inside.