Last Resort

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I plan on watching tonight via DVR. I'll definitely give it a shot because of John Locke being in it. Also, the blonde hacker from Transformers is in it. Crickey she's hot.

100% agree on that. Most were drooling over Megan Fox in that film, but I'm with you-- the Australian hacker chick was smoking hot.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Total thread bump here, but is anyone else still watching "Last Resort?"

If so, I believe this upcoming Thursday night's episode is the last one for the series, unfortunately. Too many stupid people out there would rather watch "Real Housewhores of Iowa City" or other mindless drivel. Really too bad, I think this show gets better and better with every episode.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
As usual, network execs don't let me down. I'm so tired of good shows being canceled because they put the new show in the most competitive timeslot they can. Whose bright idea was it to use a freshman military drama as a lead-in for Grey's Anatomy? **** that show, if anything, they should be canceling that ****.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Also, there is the chance that this thread was the kiss of death. "666 Park Avenue" was brought up in this thread, and it too has been canceled.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

If so, I believe this upcoming Thursday night's episode is the last one for the series, unfortunately. Too many stupid people out there would rather watch "Real Housewhores of Iowa City" or other mindless drivel. Really too bad, I think this show gets better and better with every episode.

I agree. They never gave this show a chance. Unfortunately I think ABC was the wrong network (majority of their programs targets female audiences), that timeslot was the wrong place to start off a show, and they cancelled it without even giving it a full season.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Same thing with The Event. I really got into that one. Thing that pisses me off about that show is that they had a bunch of shows at the beginning of the season, then took a couple month break, brought it back after the first of the year and then pulled the plug.

I looked up the show on imdb and it doesn't have a cancellation year on it. It says (2010- ), so does this mean it still could come back?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I stopped watching Last Resort as soon as I heard it was cancelled, so annoying. Not sure how to win the cancellation game, if i invest early and like something then it goes away. If I wait until Netflix for a few seasons to show up, then I'm not helping. Not that I'm with Nielsen anyways.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Same thing with The Event. I really got into that one. Thing that pisses me off about that show is that they had a bunch of shows at the beginning of the season, then took a couple month break, brought it back after the first of the year and then pulled the plug.

I looked up the show on imdb and it doesn't have a cancellation year on it. It says (2010- ), so does this mean it still could come back?

I liked "The Event" as well, although I do feel it noticeably declined in quality during its one and only season (for example, what happened to the FBI agent who was helping out the male lead?), and so I wasn't that heartbroken when it was cancelled.

I bolded your words above because the more I think about it, the more I have come to believe that you really don't have to be that smart to get a job in Hollywood. It befuddles me why networks think pulling off shows for three months at a time is a good idea these days. ABC did the same thing a few years ago with a really good show called "Flash Forward" (anyone else remember that one?). NBC themselves is doing it again with "Revolution" this season, which got pretty good ratings in the fall, but last I read it's not going to be back on the air again until March. How many people are going to remember it by then?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I have a feeling that network tv is going to go the way of cable and have shorter seasons. There will be a spring season and a fall season. It's just too hard to tell a good story over 20+ episodes for multiple seasons without it becoming stale.

Some procedurals and half hour comedies might appear in both the fall and spring but the dramas will eventually be 10-15 episode seasons.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Also, there is the chance that this thread was the kiss of death. "666 Park Avenue" was brought up in this thread, and it too has been canceled.

WAIT WAIT WAIT JUST A SECOND HERE.

Last Resort and 666 Park Ave have both been canceled!?!?! I have last weeks Last Resort on my DVR still. SON OF A *****! Wife really likes 666 Park Ave too. DAMN YOU NETWORK TV!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I have a feeling that network tv is going to go the way of cable and have shorter seasons. There will be a spring season and a fall season. It's just too hard to tell a good story over 20+ episodes for multiple seasons without it becoming stale.

Some procedurals and half hour comedies might appear in both the fall and spring but the dramas will eventually be 10-15 episode seasons.

I agree.

A big problem, especially with dramas, is how they handle the long break. I've completely lost interest in shows when they take that break and never returned. Some of them would be much better off ending the season in the fall.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Oh god, can you imagine a Real Housewives of Iowa City? Starring Mary Ferentz, Patsy Davis, and a bunch of tavern hok wives.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Anybody else watch the series finale tonight? Pretty damn good, even if it felt a bit rushed (no doubt it felt a bit rushed because they ended the whole damn series after only 13 episodes) :mad:

I think I might have to buy this on DVD when it comes out. It was like a good fireworks show; didn't last very long, but man, was it cool to look at.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Anybody else watch the series finale tonight? Pretty damn good, even if it felt a bit rushed (no doubt it felt a bit rushed because they ended the whole damn series after only 13 episodes) :mad:

I think I might have to buy this on DVD when it comes out. It was like a good fireworks show; didn't last very long, but man, was it cool to look at.

I was just glad it came to an end. I think for people who haven't watched the show, it would make for a good miniseries type show to netflix later.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron