Larry Eustachy Investigation

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I think Chris and Adam are both right. There's nothing "wrong" with Larry's way, but it obviously doesn't fly in this day and age. Neither would Bobby Knight, or any of those guys. Hell, Johnny Orr wouldn't last 2 weeks in today's climate.

I'm also quite surprised Paul Shirley would write/say/post something controversial. Not quite his style!
vauEUgn.gif
yeah, can you imagine the outrage if Orr was coach today and said that quote about about getting 3 of the top kids in the state, and that the other couldnt get into school, and the other went to iowa which is pretty much the same thing. He would probably have to make a public apology, and grovel to iowa fans everywhere about how much he respects their university.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
A few things. I really loved Larry. But I think Iowa State fans forget that for 3 out of his 5 years, his team was no good. People ***** about Prohm and how he needs to capitalize on previous success, Larry didn't do that at Iowa State. One would think that he might have been able to do that if he hadn't run off almost every player.

In theory I like the idea of a hard ass for a coach. But there is being a hard ass and there is unhinged. Larry, too often, crossed that line. And for fans, that is all good until the team sucks.

I am always going to be grateful to Larry for 2000 and 2001. Those were fun years. But I'm glad he is no longer our coach.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron