Larry Eustachy Investigation

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
So CSU didn't know who they were getting when they hired Eustachy? He's been like that his entire coaching career. 2013-14?? Why would that be coming up in 2017? Could it be because his team is 18-9 and leading the conference?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The Coloradoan is a hack rag of a newspaper - Gannett - just like CR Gazette.

He has kept himself completely clean in the community and professionally. I have sat behind him at basketball games at both ISU and CSU and hearing what he is willing to say in public, I can only imagine what he says in practice/locker room.

The bigger story here is what happened to the 3 scholly players that are ineligible because they didn't get the support they needed to get through coursework. That was the universities fault (there is an article on it out there somewhere). What isn't talked about is the support they are still getting from Eustachy.

I suppose he is the next generation Bobby Knight.

All I know is I am impressed as hell that he is cleaning up right now in the MWC with 7 players of which 4 are underclassmen. Must not have scared off the tough kids.

Your avatar...

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I don't know how far this will go but if CSU drops him, he'll have a job the next day. Probably a better one at that.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
So CSU didn't know who they were getting when they hired Eustachy? He's been like that his entire coaching career. 2013-14?? Why would that be coming up in 2017? Could it be because his team is 18-9 and leading the conference?
If you had an axe to grind against LE, I think you'd wait until he was having a bad year.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
All I know is I am impressed as hell that he is cleaning up right now in the MWC with 7 players of which 4 are underclassmen. Must not have scared off the tough kids.
I went to look at the conference standings, holy batman, UNLV is dead last. Why do talented players keep going there?

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny

Exactly this. You mean to tell me that CSU didn't have adequate DD and didn't know what they were getting? That's a joke. Do you also think Larry is the only coach to drop F bombs and throw things? I guess people have never watched or heard of the things that coach K, Izzo, Crean or Mad Fran do.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Seems like someone had an ax to grind. Larry is a throwback coach. I'm sure some players appreciate the demanding style and some don't. Still, Larry should have tempered that with the changing times. It's a different era now.

Larry was 'rude' to a Coloradoan reporter when the story broke about the 3 players being ineligible due to grades and he has been 'rude' to the same reporter before. I am sure they were happy to run this article.

Listen, I wish Larry behaved like the Dali Lama. Fred and CSP and many other coaches show you don't have to go nuclear all the time to get results. But the story is about stuff from 2-3 years ago. It was talked about then and it seems that he has toned it down some since then. Several players from last years team are still hanging out in Fort Collins, working out with the team.
I went to look at the conference standings, holy batman, UNLV is dead last. Why do talented players keep going there?

I would guess because they have a turn down service at night and the coach whispers sweet nothings in their ears?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

1 - Vegas
2 -
bag-j.jpg

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I thought our boy Randy P's headline was a little overboard, but then again it's about what to expect from the Rag. I was surprised they didn't post the pictures again.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

It's easy. Someone doesn't like him and he keeps winning and hasn't hit a kid so they can't fire him. It's ********.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I thought our boy Randy P's headline was a little overboard, but then again it's about what to expect from the Rag. I was surprised they didn't post the pictures again.

The one I saw had a picture of the newspaper on it.

Those guys won't miss a chance to talk about that story though, whether it's relevant or not.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Maybe the press could give a little more attention to the fact that after the investigation CSU put a corrective action plan in place and decided not to terminate. Then this confidential info goes public. But hey...... nothing to see here.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Love all of the LE apologists: like you'd be OK with an English or physics professor calling their students "f*****g c**ts." Right...

Let's step away from the Larry situation, as it's not popular to criticize him on this board, instead, let's look at something similar regarding a renowned Professor / Heart Surgeon at the U of Iowa. His reputation for life-saving procedures and surgical techniques would bring in millions to the department from people not only in the state of Iowa, but the USA, who would line up to have him perform bypass procedures.

However, the megalomaniac had a rage-aggressive temper that was unprofessional in the operating room; and he took it out on nurses, assistants and even medical student residents by throwing scalpels and equipment against the wall during surgery, while at he same time screaming obscenities and verbally humiliating and intimidating subordinates. After several complaints, all those *snowflake* sissys complained and the Dean, with full support of the President, had to fire the best surgeon the University ever seen.............

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Love all of the LE apologists: like you'd be OK with an English or physics professor calling their students "f*****g c**ts." Right...

Yea, sure, cuz it's apples to apples right? I kid signing deciding to play basketball at D1 is the same as a kid needing to take a specific course to get a degree?

But now that you bring it up, I have had instructors of our children at the college and HS level do much more damaging, intimidating antics than spew some cuss words.

Larry doesn't need anyone to apologize for him. I root for the guy to keep his life together and I think he has done that to a large extent, probably better than I could have done. Am I apologizing for him, no. Am I rooting for him, you bet.

Reactions: isu83

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Yea, sure, cuz it's apples to apples right? I kid signing deciding to play basketball at D1 is the same as a kid needing to take a specific course to get a degree?

It's a (severely flawed IMO) managerial style that spans all fields. Maybe it works on some subordinates. For me, when people start throwing things and calling me vulgar names, I just tune them out, as such "leading" generates absolutely no desire in me to follow their direction or listen to anything they have to say.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron