Larry Cotlar

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The KXNO studios are actually state of the art. The CC operation moved into a new building about 3 years ago. It's a large studio where the board operator is pretty much in an entirely separate room from the studio with the "talent."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVBVFOx-C4"]YouTube - Jason singing Templeton Rye on KXNO's The Jon Miller Show[/ame]

This video pans around the studio used by the KXNO local shows.

EDIT: 1:45 shows where the producers are located compared to the table where the 'talent' is located. The three of them were most likely around that circle table while Conn was in the other room or elsewhere.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Mar 11, 2006
Urbandale
Marty generally rubbed me the wrong way and I for the most part quit listening to M & M before this blow up. That said, the press release from Marty was very classy on his part. It is on KCCI if you want to read it. Firing Cotlar seems a little harsh, but as others have said, we don't know the whole story.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Sorry. Perhaps it's my dislike of Marty coming through - but it's pretty easy to come off as the "nice and classy" guy when you HAVE to. IE, beginning a new job search.

Did we expect him to slam everyone? That would really help landing that next job. Mart has always been contrite and apologetic just after he got his butt handed to him. Then slowly devolves back to his usual antics - which speak much louder IMO than a prepped statement.

I don't really wish anyone to get fired, I wish he could've left on better terms - but I'm not shedding tears over his ouster either. He only needs to look in the mirror to see why it happened.

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
He did drop some F bombs. I bet that is frowned apon. Conn is what shocked me.

My sources told me awhile back that Geoff Conn was on thin ice with kxno management...I didnt take it serious but from the looks of this deal...kxno must have wanted to clean house and used this as an excuse to just "Clean House" & get rid of all of their PROBLEM CHILDREN!!!!!

I knew when I was cutting Martha's hair that it was just time before he got himself fired...quote by Jamie Pollard

"What took soooo Long"....quoting CyBobby:biglaugh:

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Yea he did, Cotlar shouldn't have been fired though. :skeptical:

So you know all the details of the situation or just what you heard - Tirrell's F-Bomb rant? I don't think Clear Channel fires Cotlar and Conn unless they have a VERY good reason or they would be setting themselves up for a court battle.

I'm guessing we don't know the half of it.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I can't listen to KXNO in Iowa City so I only hear them when I'm over in Des Moines for work. I didn't mind Cotlar's show, but don't I recall him getting into it with Steve Deace a couple years ago. Seems to me the born-again Deace made a comment that didn't sit well with the Jewish Cotlar, followed by much gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands.

Just throwing it out there, but it seems Larry had difficulty getting along with his co-workers. Maybe neither incident was his fault, but it doesn't seem very professional to air the dirty laundry in public either. He's seemingly done it twice in the past two years...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron