Lard's #s last 4 games against 3 ranked teams

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Wait'll we get the rim-running going on next year's team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He is the real deal. If we had him on last years team we would’ve gone further in the tourney imo

He's the long athletic big we've lacked at times. Solomon is the muscle we've lacked at times. That said...we're a different team with them than some of our previous teams with 4-5 great 3 point shooters on the floor together so you can't have it all.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He's an absolute steal.

Can someone please remind me of his recruiting story? I know he had some academic stuff going on that mucked things up his last year of high school and first year of college, but he had to have had some other good offers from other good basketball programs, right?

CywinLannister

Feb 6, 2016
Casterly Rock
RZ7zk.gif

• Creative
Reactions: ScottyP

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
He's an absolute steal.

Can someone please remind me of his recruiting story? I know he had some academic stuff going on that mucked things up his last year of high school and first year of college, but he had to have had some other good offers from other good basketball programs, right?

As I recall he had some significant interest but they backed off due to said academic issues. There was a lot of doubt he'd qualify.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He is the real deal. If we had him on last years team we would’ve gone further in the tourney imo

Well yeah if a few more shots fall for one team and not the other ISU goes further anyway.

Lard and Burton could have been something else on the break.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Agree with Prohm he has a chance to be elite. He will only get stronger and his offensive game more polished.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
He has the rare combination of fluidity and strength around the rim. Rare for any player his size, almost unheard of for a freshman. His finishes on the break are almost guard-like.
My friends roasted me for this, but he reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwan in terms of raw athleticism and fluidity. I'm sure there are better, more recent comparisons, but I haven't followed the NBA for awhile. Like two decades!

• Creative
Reactions: Goclones1727

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Prohm hinted at Lard’s potential when he’s engaged and ready. At times Lard gets swept up with officials and such. When he’s focused he’s hard to stop.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Foul trouble is really the only thing that can stop him right now. He’s shooting 64% and getting quite a few touches. He also has a great knack for getting offensive put backs off misses.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
My friends roasted me for this, but he reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwan in terms of raw athleticism and fluidity. I'm sure there are better, more recent comparisons, but I haven't followed the NBA for awhile. Like two decades!

From that era, I think Sean Kemp would be a better comparison, although Lard’s not as athletic.

He reminds me a lot of the bigs that KU always had for awhile. The Morris brothers, Thomas Robinson, and Darrell Arthur.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS