Lard charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in February.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Neither citation is a big deal alone, it's more of the continued lack of awareness that is worrisome to me. He just needs to understand he can't act like the typical college kid without ending up in the media... because he's not a typical college kid.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
While these 2 citations seem minor, the pattern of behavior is still a little concerning because he's a D1 athlete who is in the public eye and will get press and he is putting himself into some compromising situations. If this is what he's been caught doing who is to say that we really want to know what else he has been up to that he hasn't been caught doing yet? I hope he learns something from these 2 incidents regardless how minor they may seem and learns to use some better judgement.

I get it, he's just a college kid and we've all done stupid things when in college but most of us were not D1 athletes on a full ride scholarship so our dumb behavior isn't as interesting to the general public as a college athlete's is so he should realize he has to be a little more careful about what he does in public. I lived on a floor with a bunch of track athletes and I remember 1 of the guys one night telling us how it sucks how if he were out in public and some idiot were to throw a punch at him he couldn't fight back because he'd likely be suspended if he were in a fight even if he was not the one who started it. It is kind of a double standard but at the same time I was impressed that he at least was aware how he had to be careful what he does on his own time even if it seemed unfair he still had team rules to follow.

Makes me wonder about his friends. Are they just hangers-on who want to get some of his limelight? Or dudes with whom he likes to party? Hope he has some friends that really help him make good choices regarding his future (and present), particularly if he really wants to prioritize basketball. Cap City League can't get here soon enough. I think it will be helpful for him by giving him something to do.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Neither citation is a big deal alone, it's more of the continued lack of awareness that is worrisome to me. He just needs to understand he can't act like the typical college kid without ending up in the media... because he's not a typical college kid.

Yeah, I think it takes some longer than others to realize this.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Cam’s only got 4 months to go before he’s 21 so that’s a positive I guess.

And yes, I know that because I send all the players birthday cards with personal messages.
You're doing it wrong, these are supposed to be open letters.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well, I don't have any first-hand insight, but there is enough data points to question this young man's maturity. I hope he can steer clear of foolish distractions.

Actually, I think overall he has made huge strides toward maturity. Redshirting the first year was great for him. Still has some issues, but I think he has come a long way. Last night may have just been celebrating an aced final exam!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Makes me wonder about his friends. Are they just hangers-on who want to get some of his limelight? Or dudes with whom he likes to party? Hope he has some friends that really help him make good choices regarding his future (and present), particularly if he really wants to prioritize basketball. Cap City League can't get here soon enough. I think it will be helpful for him by giving him something to do.

Lard is almost 21 i would guess a lot of his friends are 21 and want to go to the local establishments and he decided to join. I doubt many bouncers are going to deny Cam access considering his profile just due to age. There weren't any allegations that he was causing an issue or intoxicated to a point that there should be a worry (or even had drinks) only a citation for being there. Lard and the team are working out in Ames he has structure, no doubt Prohm is dealing with him right now.
Timing is bad but it isn't public intox or something worse like a DUI. It was wrong but we should read into his character or friends due to these 2 common college incidents.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think I should remind everybody how good Cameron was last year.

upload_2018-5-2_16-39-21.png

-- against REALLY good teams

-- in relatively limited minutes because of fatigue/foul trouble

-- his efficiency above was insane... 21 and 16 in 33 minutes (!!!)

-- he learns to defend without fouling... he is a First-Team All-Big 12 dude for three years

• Agree
Reactions: CyJeans

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think I should remind everybody how good Cameron was last year.

View attachment 54842

-- against REALLY good teams

-- in relatively limited minutes because of fatigue/foul trouble

-- his efficiency above was insane... 21 and 16 in 33 minutes (!!!)

-- he learns to defend without fouling... he is a First-Team All-Big 12 dude for three years

And it was his first major organizated basketball in a couple of years.

If he makes a big step this year, he could be really dominant

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
And it was his first major organizated basketball in a couple of years.

If he makes a big step this year, he could be really dominant

Right. I know I am cherrypicking his 10-11 best games there, because he had some duds, too, but if he learns (1.) not to foul and (2.) some consistency on offense, this guy is going to be the best big man we have had since at least Melvin. I am hoping for it. :)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Well, if my kid (frosh at ISU) got the exact citations that Cam did I wouldn't be concerned so I won't pretend to be concerned by somebody who isn't my kid. I'd have a chat, of course.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Dude's gotta start showing a little more maturity and make better decisions, simple as that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Right. I know I am cherrypicking his 10-11 best games there, because he had some duds, too, but if he learns (1.) not to foul and (2.) some consistency on offense, this guy is going to be the best big man we have had since at least Melvin. I am hoping for it. :)
It is cherry picking but you do have fully half of the Big 12 season represented. It isn't like it is all non-con creme puffs represented.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It is cherry picking but you do have fully half of the Big 12 season represented. It isn't like it is all non-con creme puffs represented.

Yeah, that is the point -- the guy did not pick on Maryland-Eastern Shore and then clam up once the Big 12 started. He was playing his best ball against the teeth of the schedule when he had a full team (with a healthy NWB and Solomon) around him for support. If he can fix a few things and assuming he has a full team around him again the entirety of next season, then I can see him really wrecking some fools, particularly ones called Jay(hawk)eyes.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Not a big deal again, but man, he's gotta start making better decisions. A spotlight is on you when you're a star athlete.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
Cam’s only got 4 months to go before he’s 21 so that’s a positive I guess.

And yes, I know that because I send all the players birthday cards with personal messages.

I'm not saying, but I'm saying, I hope you put some green in with the card!!

This green
giphy.gif

Not this

giphy.gif

Reactions: Doc

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron