Lanning Press Conference

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
[video=youtube;qZAQUNahlTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAQUNahlTk[/video]

SIAP

Looks a little stunned but handled himself well after a frustrated situation for him.

Oops: forgot to post the link :/

Last edited:

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Rhoads on borrowed time and has become more stubborn than 'old' kirk freerentz

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
If coach Rhoads thinks he's going to salvage this season, he's is sadly mistaken. We need a win vs KState plus an upset somewhere. 4-8 is the target for Pollard

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Looks like the reporters were trying to make a big deal out of it. Like the way Lanning handled it. By the way I do think he should have played more, especially in the second half when our O wasn't doing anything. Also can't figure out why they keep running a zone read when he always hands off to Warren. Sam needed to keep it at times not sure if that's on the coaches or SR.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
While badgering him about was a bit much, it is THE QUESTION that we all were asking. Hell, even seemed Rhoads was asking the same thing during his presser.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
When we were down by 20+ with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter should have been Lanning time.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
While badgering him about was a bit much, it is THE QUESTION that we all were asking. Hell, even seemed Rhoads was asking the same thing during his presser.
Was the reporter Pete or Hines?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nobody to blame but himself, couldn't even average over 75 yards and 6 points per passing attempt. Get back to us when you average 12 points and 150 yards per passing attempt.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Love Warren but I actually think Lanning may have been our best running back to give carries to against TCU. They were obviously much more strong, fast and athletic than any other line we have played this year and Warren just couldn't get the tough yards inside the way they packed it in...huge head scratcher that Lanning didn't get more plays especially when he had gigantic success the one time he passed.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
A 3-9 season is a 50% increase from last season. JP is a numbers guys and that return is impossible to ignore. Extention time if we get one more win!

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I know this isn't much, but Lanning sounds so much better than SR. He sounds like he want to be in the game. I bet they are both competitive, but I think at this point sadly SR is damaged goods. It wasn't his fault, it was the coaches.

BabyHawk

Oct 12, 2015
[video=youtube;qZAQUNahlTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAQUNahlTk[/video]

SIAP

Looks a little stunned but handled himself well after a frustrated situation for him.

Oops: forgot to post the link :/

Lanning is a classy kid. High character it appears.
Seeing him answer that question tells me he is a team guy first but you can sense his frustration.

Paw knows his ship is going down. He is stubborn. And it is almost an Eff U to people who are calling for Lanning.

To to say an evaluation will be made in "Sunday meetings" is a complete crock of dung. That evaluation needs to be made after his 70 plus yard throw to Lazzard in a game situation. Find places for him to play. When the game had been decided in the 3rd quarter it is pure stubborn price by Paw to leave him on bench. Another Eff U to people calling for Lanning.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like Mangino is making the call as to who plays QB. Mangino did not put Lanning in because he wants CPR to fail and thinks he might have a shot for the HC job himself.:jimlad:

Seriously, whoever is making the decisions is part of the problem. The decision was made to allow CPR to coach this year. We have watched this season unfold and it is now apparent that a change is necessary. DMac type of resignation ceremony or a firing takes place unless a miracle takes place.