Landen Akers Appreciation and First TD!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can someone find the press conference clip of Charlie Kolar talking about L. Akers a few weeks back.? About how they really want to see him get into the endzone, we're lookin for it, we're gonna find it, been here for 12 years... That was great.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Can someone find the press conference clip of Charlie Kolar talking about L. Akers a few weeks back.? About how they really want to see him get into the endzone, we're lookin for it, we're gonna find it, been here for 12 years... That was great.
I think Chase Allen made a comment a while back as well. One of them made a joke that he may have the most receptions in college football without scoring, or something like that. All the players wanted to see it so I had a feeling they had something drawn up for senior day.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think Chase Allen made a comment a while back as well. One of them made a joke that he may have the most receptions in college football without scoring, or something like that. All the players wanted to see it so I had a feeling they had something drawn up for senior day.
And they did it! Just another feel good story about this team.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Couldn't find Charlie from 2-3 weeks ago (?) but Charlie in todays post game presser talked some about Landen! At the 23'20" mark we find that Landen has really been here 15 years now! Charlie cracks me up.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Love it. XHutch looked like Kenny Pratt posting up on that and butt-pushed two Mountaineers to all the way to Lincoln Way. Great Joy on this team and very well deserved. Got a couple games left....play for Joy and play for your brothers and sisters and it will be OK.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I am surprised he ever let go of the ball afterwards... hopefully they kept that one for him somewhere during the rest of the game..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes, he was returning punts but I don't recall seeing him take the field on offense.
He did but not very many times. He lined up next to porter once I remember and the. We got a penalty and he went off the field. Figured we were going deep then.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Watching the replay, Koller and Hutch had great non picks on Ackers' TD. Well designed play.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was it because he went behind his guys and not in front? Should the defenders should have switched guys?

I'm not real sure how it exactly works but he's going to be trailing Akers no matter what.

Maybe an LB is supposed to get out to the flats but it looked like they were assigned to pressure.