Lakers - Rockets

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty physical game. Nice to see that and the effort last night.
Also as much as I hate Artest, I hate Kobe more, and this is going to be a great match up.
How about the forearm shiver from Derek Fisher. That woulda made Chuch Norris bleed.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Very interesting 4th quarter. A little to chippy and it slowed the game down but fun to watch

For a little guy Derek Fisher is strong. He lit up Scola like a strong safety lights up a WR on a slant!

And how can you hate anyone more than Artest? If the NBA got rid of him and Stephen Jackson, they would clean up their image so much. Did Kobe throw an elbow? Yes, but I don't think he was going for the throat as much as he was trying to clear out. And with Artest being big and strong (and all over him), Kobe had to be more physical

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Also how about Eddie House getting slapped in the back of the head! I loved it. He runs his mouth after EVERY made shot!

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I would think the refs would have done a better job of keeping things under control last night. Pretty tacky officiating most of the game - the players didn't know what to expect and obviously felt like they weren't being listened to. Better officiating wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, perhaps just avoided the conflicts. Great game until it started getting chippy.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Very interesting 4th quarter. A little to chippy and it slowed the game down but fun to watch

For a little guy Derek Fisher is strong. He lit up Scola like a strong safety lights up a WR on a slant!

And how can you hate anyone more than Artest? If the NBA got rid of him and Stephen Jackson, they would clean up their image so much. Did Kobe throw an elbow? Yes, but I don't think he was going for the throat as much as he was trying to clear out. And with Artest being big and strong (and all over him), Kobe had to be more physical

+1

That Scola guy is a punk.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
+1

That Scola guy is a punk.

Absolutely ludicrous. Does he somehow deserve to be hit like that? I thought I was watching a football game for a minute.
Hits like that shouldn't happen.
If Scola is a punk and deserves to be hit, Kobe is an alleged rapist and deserves . . . ? Think about it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Absolutely ludicrous. Does he somehow deserve to be hit like that? I thought I was watching a football game for a minute.
Hits like that shouldn't happen.
If Scola is a punk and deserves to be hit, Kobe is an alleged rapist and deserves . . . ? Think about it.

Did I say he deserved to be hit? No, I didn't. I said he's a punk, and he is.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Dirty, cheap shot by Fisher. He'd better be suspended...

No doubt! What is the rule? If he already got kicked out of the game will he be suspended as well?

I can't believe he did it. Scola's play on Odom wasn't THAT bad. Surprising b/c Fisher is usually the leader and plays with a level head

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina

That "elbow" that Kobe "threw towards the throat" is thrown by EVERY PLAYER in EVERY GAME of the year at some point or another when battling for a rebound. Did Kobe go ballistic because Artest was shoving him in the back on THE SAME PLAY!?! No... Artest is an idiot and a head case. He throws that SAME elbow everytime he battles a guy for position... the difference is that the guy who is on the recieving end isn't a drama queen who runs at the ref, and then at the best player in the game. He also wishes he was Kobe.

Reactions: JP4CY

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
That "elbow" that Kobe "threw towards the throat" is thrown by EVERY PLAYER in EVERY GAME of the year at some point or another when battling for a rebound. Did Kobe go ballistic because Artest was shoving him in the back on THE SAME PLAY!?! No... Artest is an idiot and a head case. He throws that SAME elbow everytime he battles a guy for position... the difference is that the guy who is on the recieving end isn't a drama queen who runs at the ref, and then at the best player in the game. He also wishes he was Kobe.

Not going to disagree with a word you said.

Reactions: Clonegrad07

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Did you see Artest's interview after the game. Something along the lines of "who would want to mess with me? I am Ron Artest"

:biglaugh:

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Artest is a complete headcase. I can't believe he keeps getting chances in the league, trouble at every stop for him. The Pacers/Pistons brawl where he goes into the crowd was probably his masterpiece though.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1875149266123369069

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Yeah, Fisher for sure, not sure about Kobe.

I thought this series was going to be good. Hope it is. Also, how good are the Rockets playing without TMac? Not bad at all, or he just doesn't play in a 'team.'

That's a good question. Tmac has never been out of the 1st round and now the Rockets did it without him! No doubt he is a really good talent. He seems to always be healthy and never get hurt :jimlad:

Brooks and Battier make that team IMO

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
That's a good question. Tmac has never been out of the 1st round and now the Rockets did it without him! No doubt he is a really good talent. He seems to always be healthy and never get hurt :jimlad:

Brooks and Battier make that team IMO

You forgot the grande, 7'6" asian man... YAO. He helps make the squad but guys like Brooks and Battier are HUGE to have on the floor... there is a REASON that Battier keeps getting selected to the USA b-ball team. (defense, decent outside shooting, knowledge of the game, great team player, outstanding motivators...)