Laing is from Canada?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Take off, eh.

Man that's a great flick.

"Me and my brother used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven. Now he’s not here and I got two soakers. This isn’t heaven this sucks."

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
They are probably getting hosed. However my main question is kind of an important one. I don't beleive in sending him back to Canada. I don't think anyone should have to live in Canada. That place is horrible. It's worse than Lincoln, NE. THe probably is that it's not really an ISU issue. It's an ICE issue.

watch your mouth! or at least reconsider your false accusations.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know, some on this board seem to think it warrants castration or death penalty.

Haha. Sad but true.

One great thing about message boards is that they remind you that some people see the world way differently than you do. I never realized there were so many angry people out there who get so excited at the thought of kicking kids off the team for very minor transgressions. Its interesting to see how awesome they think exteme discipline is and how much anger they have over someone partaking in an activitity that doesn't harm anyone. Its just such a weird and angry mindset to me, and one I hope I never understand.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Canada has some very strict laws. If you have an OWI here in the States, don't even try to go up North, the won't let you in (I don't know this from experience, but rather from a former coworker). However, I'm not sure how it works if a Canadian gets busted for something in the States. Maybe the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will come riding in on their horses, wearing their Scarlet Tunics, Breeches, Strathcona boots and felt hats and drag him away...

Spam

May 21, 2008
In general athletes are exempt. Otherwise not many NBA teams would be able to make it to the Toronto Raptors games with all men on board.