LA Vikings???

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
The Vikings have the most fair weather fan base I have ever seen. When they are in the Playoffs everyone puts the flags on the cars. But pay for a Stadium? No way.

0-4 in Super Bowls and we are fair weather fans? We are the Cubs of the NFL. Great fans considering what we have been through over the years.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Interesting that the bill is pretty much taxing the tourism into the state. Not exactly a great way to bring in visitors.

EDIT:

When was the last time you said "Hey, I want to visit St. Louis, but those darn tourism taxes are too high."

mr89ia

Mar 9, 2010
Madison,WI
Isn't that a given for the vast majority of the fans? Most of us cheer for teams due to location (not because we are big fans of purple uniforms).

The NFL does not want the Vikings to move but if they do, I'm done with the NFL. Period.

i mean the location is part of it, but i think for me at least it started when i was kid. i just love cheering, sounds dumb but i get into this stuff way too much. im stuck up here in pack country, so if they were to move and i had to listen to that ****... id be gone almost guranteed :no:

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I feel for the Vikings fans! I remember when that shadow of relocating hung over the White Sox in the late 80s. It was sad...I know sports isn't the most important thing about life...but it is a great diversion! Luckily...the state government of Illinois came through for the White Sox! Who knows how this will turn out...but it is not a fun process...especially when it feels like it is possible that the Vikings could actually move.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I feel for the Vikings fans! I remember when that shadow of relocating hung over the White Sox in the late 80s. It was sad...I know sports isn't the most important thing about life...but it is a great diversion! Luckily...the state government of Illinois came through for the White Sox! Who knows how this will turn out...but it is not a fun process...especially when it feels like it is possible that the Vikings could actually move.

We've already gone thru this with the Twins 10 years ago.