Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Doesn't Texas Tech have seven transfers out? Gray and coaches sister are staying and they have a like four transfers in already.

As much of a dumpster fire as some grumpy Gopher fans thought this year was, no one is leaving Whalen's squad and the seniors are all coming back.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I had the same feeling...BUT, i also could see how for her it'd be a good program....and logistics, her family could cut their travel time in half for attending games.
And they're a lot closer for many road games. For that matter, Illinois and NW could be options. If she's wanting to be more of the go to, the Valley has a few teams in Illinois.

Reactions: CapnCy

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
FWIW, her sister has been offered by Northern Illinois. Sycamore (her hometown) is about 8 miles from DeKalb.

Wherever she lands, I know she will do well and wish her the best.

Reactions: CYTUTT

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
It is striking that Fennely has congratulated Madison but crickets about Kylie. Maybe he is waiting to see where she lands.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
It is striking that Fennely has congratulated Madison but crickets about Kylie. Maybe he is waiting to see where she lands.
I don't expect Fennelly to do any sort of congratulating for Kylie. Madi put in her time, graduated, had a family tragedy, and is transferring somewhere where she'll be able to stand out and won't impact ISU at all.

From the sounds of it, Kylie's transfer was totally unexpected and I'm gonna guess there's some pretty bad blood. Even more so if she goes to Iowa, but I doubt that happens

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Meh, Maddy is a graduated senior most of our seniors go somewhere else for grad school. Kylie is a freshman that hasn't announced where she is going. I'm disappointed she's leaving but wish her success wherever she goes unless we are playing them.

David394

Apr 7, 2021
Maybe not congratulations, but he could post a note thanking her for contributing to the team. Since he started her all/most of the year he obviously was pleased with her contributions. Should saying/not saying thanks depend on where she transfers? I don't see why it should.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
have you ever seen a coach congratulate a player for transferring? That would be rather odd in my opinion

I think it's somewhat common to put out a generic statement about a player transferring. I've seen alot of iterations of this statement Self gave on Enaruma (his name came to mind since we are apparently after him):

1618253489894.png

Here's a statement from Coach Cal on Cam'Ron Fletcher, who was also just a freshmen:

1618253552243.png

So while it'd be odd to have a congratulatory statement something wishing them the best is often customary.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Why would a coach have to put out a message on social media? I would expect Bill & staff said all they had to say in person to Kylie when she informed coaches she was going to transfer.

Seems kind of self serving to put a post out saying you wish the player the best. It ain't for the benefit of the player.

Reactions: acoustimac

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Maybe not congratulations, but he could post a note thanking her for contributing to the team. Since he started her all/most of the year he obviously was pleased with her contributions. Should saying/not saying thanks depend on where she transfers? I don't see why it should.

Good Lord. I cant believe the Karen's that are around this site.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa

If you lose a starter to an unexpected transfer, I don't think he needs to say anything. It makes no sense. For Maddie, I'm guessing he knew all year she was leaving at the end and it was the culmination of a career.

For Kylie, she seems to have blindsided everyone and probably didn't talk it through with the coaches. If I'm Fennelly, you just keep your mouth shut and let her move on.