KXNO Sports Fanatics

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Hearing today the Saturday morning pregame show is over. Taking that as Sean is likely getting the afternoon gig.

Hell yeah....White Sox and Notre Dame football talk joining Tavern Hok radio from 3-6pm.

At the very least, this should mean he'll be leaving the morning show, which will force Heather and Travis to try to actually run a show rather than just rely on making fun of Sean all the time to see how much air time they can kill by doing so.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I think I am done with KXNO all together. As a cyclone fan, there is very little reason to listen to the station anymore. When I listen to the radio, I want to hear someone talk about ISU with passion and excitement in their voice. Each local show has a dedicated Hawkeye voice that provides that for the EIU fanbase.
The Morning Rush has Travis
Miller and Condon has Trent
Murph and Andy has Andrew Downs
The Fanatics has Ross
There is one Cyclone voice on KXNO in Heather and her show is on early enough that I miss most of it. My listening to the station as a whole has fallen off a cliff since Chris left. Without dedicated Cyclone representation on the station, I have no reason to listen. Would much rather spend my time with a podcast. But hey, maybe Frank Garza will be on again today. That's always appointment listening.

I had not thought about it this way. Now that you point it out ... you're right. Only The Morning Rush has a Cyclone fan/voice. The rest just try to fill that void with guests, and I'm not sure how successful of a formula that is.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
I had not thought about it this way. Now that you point it out ... you're right. Only The Morning Rush has a Cyclone fan/voice. The rest just try to fill that void with guests, and I'm not sure how successful of a formula that is.
All the shows have just become Hawkeye ball-washing and a forced discussion of Cyclone sports occasionally. I used to listen all day, now I don't turn it on at all. Disappointing.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think Sean will do a good job. I dont listen to the Morning Rush, but whenever he's filling in for someone he does a good job.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I think Sean will do a good job. I dont listen to the Morning Rush, but whenever he's filling in for someone he does a good job.

He's a fine on-air personality, however I don't think he'll offer a fair Cyclone voice. He's not an ISU fan. He regularly does Sound Off, so I feel like he's actually more of a Hawkeye.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Now Tyler Kluver is on to talk Hawkeyes for three hours.

Kxno needs to get some true Cyclone representation on its station. They're losing me fast as a consistent listener.
He’s on again today. Lol.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Sean Roberts is hosting the fanatics today with Ross. Let's see if they make it official.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron