KXNO Sports Fanatics

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Now Tyler Kluver is on to talk Hawkeyes for three hours.

Kxno needs to get some true Cyclone representation on its station. They're losing me fast as a consistent listener.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's been pretty meh since Chris left overall. I personally have always liked Ross, but he and whoever is filling in that day can't carry it long term. No chemistry nor flow. When he's gone it's almost unlistenable pending who is filling in.

This is drive time, why can't I-heart get this figured out already?

Reactions: CapnCy

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
It's been pretty meh since Chris left overall. I personally have always liked Ross, but he and whoever is filling in that day can't carry it long term. No chemistry nor flow. When he's gone it's almost unlistenable pending who is filling in.

This is drive time, why can't I-heart get this figured out already?
what does radio pay these days? is it a decent career even?

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am curious what route I-Heart ends up going with this hire. It sounds like pretty much everyone working in the station wants Shawn Roberts to get the job, which I would be pretty happy with, but they haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I wonder what they would be looking for since he is clearly qualified and already knows the market and station. The whole thing seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought, especially with football season on our doorstep.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I know CW was off a lot and those shows always suffered, but this is brutal. Yesterday his cohost was his boss from his realtor job. I **** you not.

Yeah, that was Mark Charter - used to be a CF supporter once upon a time. I used him as a realtor twice & was very happy with his work. I don't think he's great radio material, but he's certainly not the worst they've had since CW left.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Now Tyler Kluver is on to talk Hawkeyes for three hours.

Kxno needs to get some true Cyclone representation on its station. They're losing me fast as a consistent listener.
The ratio of hok cohosts to Cyclone cohosts since CW left is pretty disparate. Then throw in the fact that hok fans’ sports knowledge ends at the Johnson county border and this is what you end up with.

Reactions: AllInForISU

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I haven’t listened for a long time, I wonder if they just scrap it.

Ross goes full time real estate.
See if Miller and Condon would go to afternoon.
Play full DP Show and 2 hours of Cowherd.
This is what they should do. They could still use Ken and Trent to lead into the 4 weekly ISU/Iowa shows. I know posters on here don’t like Trent but he’s at least fair and knowledgeable with ISU whenever I listen. The current 3rd hour of Uncle Ross bestowing his knowledge on young Caleb is cringe. At least they finally decided to leave it out of the pods.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
They waiting to announce the new replacement till like the 1st week of the Football season or something? Either that or makes you wonder if maybe an out-of-towner is coming/moving in?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I have totally stopped listening to KXNO from 3pm on. It’s brutal. Ross is a good sidekick, he can’t carry a show.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
Debate club member and little league legend Petersen is terrible leading this show. Better have cohost soon or done listening after 3pm rolls around. Brutal after 3 with Ross screaming or talking down to someone.

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
So basically you guys listen just so you can ***** about it? Seems like you could find something better to listen to.
I get what you’re saying but when they had CW on it was very college sports- based. There’s nothing to fill that void now.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
A show thats more or less dedicated to Baylor replaced local sports talk radio for my daily listening. That is how bad its gotten over there.